Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned about apprciative inquiry and its usefulness in reframing. 

I learned how appreciative inquiry will be a valuable tool in working out team challenges as well as using it to spark some new creative ideas.  Empathic listening is a valuable skill when working with students, faculty, and adminstration.  Being able to commit to a conversation by seeking clarity and truly listening are important steps in understanding the person you are speaking with.  I am looking forward to trying some of these new tools in my work.

I really enjoyed learning about the affirmative interactions, the AI way of leading.  I have never experienced that type of professional environment and I think it would be wonderful to create a working and learning environment like that.  Like learning about a dream that someone is actually experiencing.

Good afternoon.  I am most excited about what I learned about motivating teams with positive communication strategies, achieving a positive response, and stimulating innovation.

I have learned a lot regarding leadership tool kits. It's important to be empathic, but within certain constraints. It is a strength within itself to know your own weaknesses or ask for help when it is needed.

This module teaches you to be a leader with comprehensive conditions, that is, one who is well perceived by others, knows how to motivate employees, transmits confidence and leads to obtaining good results for the organization.

I realized I am more of a visual learner. I also learned that some of the language I have used in the past could be considered limiting. I will keep that in mind, especially when we are brainstorming. However, I still feel there is an appropriate time to address what didn't work in the past (but also review why and if there have been changes since then that could make the idea work now).

Comment on SamanthessaComment on Samanthessa Jacob's post:  Jacob's post

Hi there. I ma so glad to hear we have so many visual learners. I am one of them. Of course, didactics do not bring in visuals all the time, but once material is taught, visual effects can bring the whole story together as a whole. 

I was interested to see that I am primarily a visual learner and also tend to present content in that way. I will be making an effort to incorporate other styles more. I do try to do "appreciative inquiry" a lot in one on ones by focusing on strengths as a means to work on things that need improvement. 

Different styles of leadership 

Sign In to comment