Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Leadership Toolbox

When interviewing for leadership skills, what types of questions might we ask the candidate to assess their style?

Generating Trust

What I have learned from this video is that a good manager is trusted and trust those she manages.

Management or Leadership | Origin: LS101R

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Do You Manage Or Lead? --> Management or Leadership

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Leadership | Origin: LS101R

Do You Manage Or Lead? --> Leadership

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Management | Origin: LS101R

Do You Manage Or Lead? --> Management

Motivation through Innovation | Origin: LS105R

Your Leadership Toolkit --> Motivation through Innovation

Building Rapport through Communication | Origin: LS105R

Your Leadership Toolkit --> Building Rapport through Communication

Self-Awareness in Learning and Communication | Origin: LS105R

Your Leadership Toolkit --> Self-Awareness in Learning and Communication

Emotional Intelligence | Origin: LS105R

Your Leadership Toolkit --> Emotional Intelligence

Road Map

What is the Road Map to leadership

Generating Trust

As leaders, what are some of the small things you do that generate trust in your team? 

Skills in Higher Education Senior Level Positions

Of course, we studied that managers and leaders share certain skills. But I was wondering what to focus more on when thinking of higher/senior level positions in post-secondary education institution. Should I be focusing more on leadership skills, or management skills? 

Thoughts on Appreciative Inquiry

Did anyone find the appreciative inquiry a little confusing? I struggled with understanding the depth of appreciative inquiry and how it can be used in an organization. Just curious

Leading from the bottom

When you start over at a new company and it needs and wants leadership, what do you do to facilitate leadership from within the group without usurping the role?

Final quiz - best way to prepare

Any advice/tips on how to prep for the final quiz? I thought I would do better than I did. Not letting it get me down. Thanks in advance.

Participation in CTE Leadership Scale

Faculty from the University of Central Missouri, Murray State University, Marshall University, and the University of Nevada – Las Vegas, are collaborating on the development of a CTE Leadership Self-Efficacy Scale.

As a practicing career & technical educator, we are inviting you to participate to validate the scale and determine the alignment with ACTE’s High Quality Framework.

This survey consists of an informed consent statement, 35 leadership items, and demographic questions.  Participation in this research is completely voluntary and no identifiable information will be collected.  It is anticipated that the survey will take about 5-10 minutes to complete.

Access survey here:  … >>>

Leader, Followers, Situation

Does anyone have strategies for overcoming a negative leader and followers? If followers can inspire other followers, can he/she also inspire a leader?

Manager Vs Leader

A lgood Leader can be a good Manager, but not all Mangers can be good Leaders

This Way to Leadership | Origin: LS106

This Way to Leadership

Your Leadership Toolkit | Origin: LS105

Your Leadership Toolkit