Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Your Leadership Legacy | Origin: LS104

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Your Leadership Legacy 

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Good evening, in this module, I learned a few new qualities about myself and my leadership abilities, as well as a few new statistics on higher education.  It was quite interesting.

Samantha

Before taking this training, I thought leaving a legacy was something you did towards the end of your career. Now I know you control your legacy at every stage of your career.

Reply to David Mora's post: someone else's quote I saw recently that applies to this is to "start with the end in mind"

This was a very informative session whereby I learned how to develop my Leadership Legacy--reflect, find the themes, and write a statement. I'd never considered the idea of narrating my legacy at different points of my professional career. I assumed it was what happened at the end. I plan to use the Leadership Legacy Worksheet immediately and share with other like-minded colleagues.

GREAT !!!

I've been able to gain a better understanding of role of leadership in higher education. 

In this lesson I learnt about my Leadership style. I also learnt about higher education, financila aid and low income students. My legacy is not built at the end of my career but through out.

Great understanding of leadrship and a leader's legacy! Will apply some new information learned moving forward. 

Good course.

We need to reach out to the middle class and lower income class and make sure we match them with a right career and update our legacy regularly 

Income disparities affect the completion rate of students and being unmatched for a school can cause in completion and no starts. 

We should consider our leadership legacy a work in progress so that we leave the field of education enriched and more developed due to our contributions. 

Your legacy is every building and every expanding and the conversation with the president of princeton was really well done! I really liked it and learned a lot espically on career schools. 

I learned that a leadership legacy is an ever evolving process. 

In this course I learned a few things that I didn't know not just about myself but also the Dept of education as well.

Effective leadership is centered on a vision to guide change. Whereas managers set out to acheive organizationl goals through implementing processes.

As I think about my own legacy, I tend to focus on collaboration and continual improvement. I try to bring people together with a shared purpose, and over time, I have focused more on developing the people I lead rather than focusing so much on "results" or outcomes. This learning experience was enjoyable because it's always good to reflect on our personal missions and ideas about who we want to be and how we want to lead. It's always good to review these things and think about how they develop over time.

Leadership legacy should inspire, establish priorities, focus on time, allow you to see your impact based on history and the present and provide a catalyst for action.

Learning new strategies!

Sign In to comment