Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I've learned from the assessment that I am more on the manager side than a leader.  After I complete the module, I will use the tools learned here and become an effective leader.

I actually am a leader and manager. I love to motivate and have staff go above and beyond for our students. I love establishing meeting guidlines and seeing the results of developing SMART goals for all team members. 

Being a great leader requires both components of leading and managing. 

I learned the distinction between a great leader and a great manager and realized that aspects of both make someone a stronger individual. 😀

I manage and lead depending on the situation. At times our role requires us to manage and when I am able to motivate and influence, I am able to lead. 

I find myself to by more of a manager.  Leadership is an area I am working on.

What I have found, is that I get caught up in management. Even though I am also the leader and visionary of the company who is always improving on processes and systems.

In administrative roles, it is important to be able to balance and flex both leadership and managerial skills. For example, seeking first to understand processes, then influence the shared vision and mission to then have the team achieve shared goals. Leaders will often develop the vision, inspire, and motivate support, but managers drive the implementation of that vision. 

My initial self assessment identified I am more of a Leader than manager.  I do not agree totally with the assessment as I am always focused on "processes" and goals.   

I'm a manager but I lead my team as well.  

I have a healthy balance of both manager and leader. While it is daunting in my position to find the time to connect individually with the different team members I oversee, I make it a practice to be available when they need me. This module helped me realize that to really be the leader my team needs, I need to motivate them by allowing them to embrace their goals and work together toward developing clear paths to achieve them.   

Thank you for the content in this course, and the feedback on responses posted. I, personally, always strive to improve my management and leadership skills, and believe all should strive to be the best manager and leader that they can possibly be. The ability to influence and motivate has a direct impact on the organization's success, as well as the group of individuals you are assigned to develop, coach and hopefully achieve desired outcomes.

I believe I am a manager and leader.  I believe I can continue to learn and grow my abilities. 

I lead my group and I have strong managers as well as good followers. 

By learning about these two concepts, I can say that I am more a leader than a manager since to me it is more important the morale behind a task than the task itself.

I believe that I manage and lead. Lesson one taught us that a good leader is also a good manager. It takes a little of both,

This was a great lesson.  Based on the materials, I believe that I manage and lead.  We operate with a very small team.  My success has been and will continue to be linked to my effectiveness in both areas.  

I believe leadership is a skill that needs to be used frequently but on the other hand you need a foundation to back you up 

I'll admit sometimes I'm still a little confused with the difference because they do seem to share similar qualities. However, I understand that a manager is more "in the trenches" and a leader is kind of like the visionary of a small group. I am able to apply these definitions to people I know in my own life which helps me recognize the qualities easier.

I am both a leader and manager. 

Sign In to comment