Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I believe I do both.  I have different areas of strength and weakness for each one, but definitely do both!

From what I can tell I lead and manage. Depending on the situation both are equally important to understand and know when to use. 

Management and Leadership can overlap.  However, a leader does more than administrate.  The leader creates, has foresight, develops and communicates.

I manage, however, I am learning leadership skills. I'm learning the differences between the two.

I would say I am more of a leader based on the definitions outlined in the video. However, I need to grow in managerials skills in order to become a more effective leader. 

I believe that I'm naturally more of a manager, but the more confident I get in this role, the more I lead.

Both skills are important.

I learned that it takes both managerial and leadership skills to be a good leader. I often thought that being a leader was better than being a manager, but it is actually both that can make you a strong leader. 

I am both a leader and manager 

"This course has been instrumental in helping me realize that effective leadership and management go hand in hand. It has taught me that one cannot be a good leader without being a good manager, and vice versa. The two roles are complementary and intertwined, and success in either role requires skills and qualities that are essential in both."

I think that in leadership you have fill both roles as a leader for guidance and manage to steer the future leaders. 

Sign In to comment