Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

After this lesson I realized how much more a manager I am than a leader. I see my leadership weaknesses, especaially building relationships and conflict resolution, and have a clearer goal ahead of me.

The differences between managers and leaders arre very nuanced, and that sometimes in your role you have to be good at both. I know what I'm good at, and where my weaknesses are, eg, conflict resolution

I have learned that you can be an excellent leader but with weak managesr no company is successful. I also discoveerd skills a leader and manager have that combined make a business thrive. It is a learning skill and people skill combo. Hencue, positive leareship and persuasion force drives success.

I am both a leader and a manager. It all depends on the task and what is needed. I think it is important to know yourself and when you should use certain skills reflecting of a leader or manager. 

I believe both managerial skills and leadership skills are necessary to be successful. I see the management component of my role as more transactional and the leadership aspect is more transformational. I tend to lead or manage based on situation.

This module has broadened my knowledge on the difference between a leader and a manager. My take away that I will inegrate into my work habit is challenge the status quo and always look for innovative and creative ways to be "better."

The various traits that make you a leader and what makes you a manager. Although they work hand in hand the manager trait should not be the dominant one.

I see strong leadership qualities in myself.  I also can think back and see my transition over time from manager to leader. 

I have been told I am a "leader" but I do not see it. I think I am more of a "manager" However, now I understand that leaders really do have characteristics of both.  

I am a manager that needs to develop more leadership skills. This will definitely take me out of my comfort zone. 

I have learned that you can be a good manager and a good Leader. You need to have solid processes, inspiraton and the abilty to motivate. When both leadership and mangement are combined results happen and the majic happens. 

Leading is important in developing your employees and influecing them in a great way. My result was a leader. I have been working in Career Schools for alomst 30 years. I also know that good Leadership can be learned and that experience can help you get better. 

Leaders create an atmosphere that drives organizational change. 

I leraned that is is ok to manage and lead depending on the situation.

I hope to learning the clear difference between leading and managing. I think I lead more that manage because a lot of my time is spent directing and actively guiding faculty. My goal is to move to managing their skill sets and growing their autonomy.

Leadership is where I excel based on this module.  I like promoted cohesiveness in the team and also am satisfied motoviating person to do their best.  I do believe I need help in the managing areas.

After this lesson I did notice that I do have more leadership qualities; however, I do need to work on the management side.

I learned that I am both a manager and a leader. I need to remind other faculty of our shared vision and shared goals.

I learned there are differences in leading and managing. I never considered the difference. 

I learned more about myself and that I am more of manager than a leader. 

Sign In to comment