Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I think it would be interesting to have the students design their own game. They could do it individually or collaboratively and make it a class project.  This could be quite useful for real world application for future job prosepcts as this is a potential career opportunity that may be of interest to several of my students.  I think there is limitless potential when the student can be actively engaged in the creation of their own learning tool. 

I plan on using the free design software presented in the lesson to see if this is something I'd like to actually implement.

As in face-2-face instruction it seems that the problem of how to keep students motivated and engaged is always a major issue to contend with. I also thought the idea and possibility of creating a game sounds amazing. Maybe a summer project. 

The more I learn about gaming in the learning environment- the more discouraged I am becoming. I feel that I, as the educator, probably know less than my students do about this topic. Plus, it seems like it would be expensive. 

I like it because it helps you to use other alternatives to engage students in class

In this module, I have learned Cooperative learning is a learner–learner interaction and  It is defined as learners working together to maximize their own and each other’s learning. 

The today big challenge was the barriers in an eLearning environment and imagine how you can confront in a positive way the posibility of  isolation, frustration and academic persistence.

IT IS GREAT THAT THERE ARE FREE RESOURCES TO HELP YOU CREATE THE GAME. 

This is something I do with some regularity. It is something I would like to introduce to my college students. Games and simulations have the same beneficial factors for adult learners as they do young learners.

Games are  resources for the students to help them to communicate with other students.

There are many types of gaming approaches to creating games for learning.  They can be collaborative, designed by students, and more structured games to address gaps in learning and or training.

I'm a bit overwhelmed.  I can see the use of gaming in an online class, but the idea of developing a game myself (I'm old) while appealing is also scary.  I would also like to see a few examples of games that are actually used in an online social studies class in order to have a better idea of what impact such games can have on student learning.

It is important for thee curriculum to be designed for the faculty so it coveers all the necessary aspects of a game.

Desconocía de los software gratuitos, y fue de mi interés los elementos de juego que aportan al aprendizaje

Importance of intrinsic activities for long term retention.

I learned about free/affordable resources to create educational games. I would be interested in simulation games to help reinforce hands-on skills needed for vocational training.

The entire time I have been moving through this course I've been thinking of a way to make a game out of anatomical terms & the human body systems - I believe Sploder or Game Maker Studio will be just what I need.

Cooperative games permit learner-learner interactiones that is better when you want your students learning in this enviroment. 

I was advocating for gamification back when people thought the idea was a crazy fad.

Games must be collaborative and easy for the learner to learn and interact with. Games must continue to capture the learner so they do not become bored or exit out. 

Sign In to comment