Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

When using games or simulations for learning, they must be aligned with the learning objectives. Also, be sure to incorporate the social aspect in the design to engage the learner's and increase motivation.

The leading motivator for gamers is interacting with other gamers.

My Wife's best friend is a "Gamer." She not only enjoys the game she play, but she mostly enjoys the avatar's and interacting with other avatars ("Gamers"). She spends over 20 hours a week on her online account. She is an introvert in real life, but in her Gaming life, she is an extrovert.  I watched how much she changed with interacting with other, besides myself and my wife, in her life and online.  As she has shown us her avatar and what it can do, so many other "Gamers" popped up and started talking to her. She immediately came alive.  She was talking to several people through texts/messaging and a people through her headset. I believe this game has helped her in many ways and I do believe that games help people in e Learning and in the Traditional Classroom settings.

The limits and expense of technology is a paramount concern in my current teaching position. I consider career quest games and wonder about specific options and opportunities. It seems an area of great potential. Of course, the real world work options afforded our students through access to technology are also fantastic. 

Even though people are playing a game alone in their own "room" they are still interacting socially through the game when they share information with eachother.  I've known people to create strong freindships that were intiated via a gaming platform.  The social interaction can allow people to comfortably interact with others on a platform of their choosing.  

As an avid gamer myself I am extremely familiar with the social relationships and interactions they create. It allows social relationships with people across the globe and increases ones awareness that we do not live in a bubble.

I have to consider if digital art can be thought of a simulation of more traditional art making.

I realize the scaffolding and pre-teaching that needs to happen before implimenting a game or simulation is essential. That and using a response form or follow up assignment can help to drive home the essential teaching objectives that were being targeted. 

I am eager to learn about educational games beyond Kahoot! and Jeopardy templates.

Good reminder to facilitate ways to keep social engagement a part of online learning.

I think gaming for the online learner can be extremely beneficial for engaging the students.

I believe that playing mathematical games helps students to encourage strategic thinking, problem-solving and develops confidence.

In this module I have learned that the main purpose of design is to combine learning objectives with proper implementation. Design involves determining what will happen in the game, what effects each event will have, and how it supports the learning objectives.

I do accept as true with all the ideas you’ve introduced on your post. They’re very convincing and can definitely work. Still, the posts are very quick for beginners. May you please lengthen them a little from subsequent time? Thank you for the post.  https://mytechmore.com/games-like-roblox/

https://mytechmore.com/games-like-roblox/

The inclusion of gaming, the social presence and the interaction come in a good moment to the actual metaverse hype or expectation.

games provide teamwork, having fun, and learning in an environment where you can reflect and learn from mistakes without consequences.

As an educator there comes a time when students need to exhibit their skills and newly accquired knowledge by completing a game or simulation. It is key to the learning process. it fosters engagement, and can be used to assess student ability knowledge retention.

The using of games might be challenging for some student with lack of technology knowledge.

What I found useful is a rubric for games and simulations. It serves as guidelines for the effective creation of this type of learning assets.

I have learned that the incorporation of gaming/simulations into an online class can increase the feeling of community among the students.  As I am looking for more ways to connect students in my online classes to one another, this may be a direction to pursue.

Sign In to comment