Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Reply to Ebony Lovingood's post:

I agree Ebony there are many ways to include positive contributions with Digital and Virtual environments:

Digital and Virtual environments allow creative and engaging learning experiences.  To ensures that your learning is effective, memorable, and drives business results. Excite, Engage, and Embed your learning

Identify your goals.

Plan and prepare learning objectives.

Be flexible.

Locate resources

Digital and Virtual environments allow creative and engaging learning experiences.  To ensures that your learning is effective, memorable, and drives business results. Excite, Engage, and Embed your learning

Identify your goals.

Plan and prepare learning objectives.

Be flexible.

Locate resources

Built in game scaffolding for a diverse class of learners is ideal to mee the learner where they are!

la  ventaja de los recursos en línea y el presentar material de manera flexible, el nivel de comodidad en que los participantes puedan tener interacción social, y la importancia que tienen lo simuladores en algunos ámbitos  como en la industria  

Scaffolding helps create a supportive learning environment and to individualize instruction.

I learned that virtual game play, simulations and MMORPGs are becoming more integrated with the learning environment. At a previous online university, we started using online VR worlds during events during and after COVID that would have otherwise been held in person. While there was more positive feedback on the in-person events that were hosted in Hawaii, many more students could participate, and it did increase the social presence of both staff and students compared to no event at all. 

Moving forward, I would like to see these incorporated for learning purposes, not just social interaction and networking. However, monitoring and managing it on the long-term can raise other concerns.

Application of scaffolding to appropriately leverage game/simulation opportunities is a key aspect of design when these tools are being considered. 

I learned that gaming and simulations can connect content to real life learning.

The participants preffer to interact within their partners in games. So to have engagement I need to be sure they can interact each other. 

Again - me - PhD

I found it interesting that the online forum meets the needs of a variety of different students and the implementation of gaming can create the social environment and interactions that is sometimes missed in the online environment. It allows opportunity for students to develop trust with instructor and other students and opens up interaction in a safe and low risk environment. 

I already knew about this aspect of gaming and it's a very helpful tool to build community spirit.

what i've learned so far is that games bring in a sense of community via avatars and profiles. people with the same common goal play together. it also connects people from all over the worlds with the same intent and purpose

Games  is good for all student 

it needed clear goals and feedback from your learners.

Amazing the number of students doing gaming! Some games can be used for students who are getting behind.

Amazing the number of students doing gaming! Some games can be used for students who are getting behind.

Students are more confident in the learning of the information being delivered, when they learn through games and virtual simulations.

As many students are already gamers, I think that incorporating games in the classroom will feel natural

Online presence is important in game/simulation learning.  Because it helps build a sense of community and togetherness. 

Sign In to comment