Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This shows the interaction between education and social media. For many of the "traditional" instructors, this is going into a world that is new and a mystery.

Use of Social Media is very prevalent today and increase the use of it in a learning environment, the online classroom, is a great way enhance student learning.  It also teaches them how to appropriate conduct themselve and their comments/conversation in this environment.

Joyce Hladky, Instructor

Reply to Michelle Moore's post:G

True for PTAs too, but often I find the states are not on the same page with employment rates and other issues, so, often may hinder the interst of a potential student looking about the forums. 

Because I am minimally active on social media, it never crossed my mind to use this in the classroom.  I am looking forward to learning more about this as this training continues.  I would like to see how maybe some of you all use it already as well.  

Social Media is an underused tool in online communication

I learned that with social networking instructors can use different techniques to teach and keep students engaged in the topic being taught.

To work with students to develop social networkking habits tha are proper. By creating & Implementing networking policy and educating students.

Social media can be useful in the classroom, but students and instructors must be very careful when using it.

I learned why we need to use rubrics to assess students using any social media platforms. It is always important for students to understand how they will be graded, especially in an area they are so used to being themselves in.

Social media and networking tools can enhance critical thinking and promote social interactions that our learner are loosing due to less face to face social interaction.

With this generation today using social networking is a great option. Its simple, free, and always accessible. 

Comment on Shawn Gannon's post: Yes, we as educators are advised to connect students to great resources such as the social media to have them engaged.

Comment on Melisa Holdbrooks's post: Using social media in a classroom environment can be very beneficial to students learning as long as it is used based on norms and regulations.

Social media is a very powerful tool to stay connected, engage your students and share ideas.

Using social media in a classroom set up can be beneficial to students learning and help them be more engaged. 

Using social media can be an incredibly useful tool as long as basic rules are followed!

posting on-line is a good way to reach students ,also an effective tool in teaching

My only wish is that not only educators take courses like these but that all politicians be required to take these courses.  Maybe they could learn a little something about using social media/networking and HOW to use it appropriately.  We teach this to children young and older but the older population weren't trained/taught HOW to use it.

Monitoring social networking can be a time consuming process for educators.  Especially if your student count is high.  Engaging students can start off easy but can be difficult after a while.  I think students may eventually understand WHY monitoring is so important

How to empathize with my students even more .

Sign In to comment