Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I will create more opportunities for students to share appropriately on social media. 

While social netowrking tools may seem like an obvious choice when teaching online, I feel that you need to look atthe desired outcome that you want from the learning, then work backwards to find a tool that will help get your students there. At times, social networking might not be that tool.

Understanding why social networking is so impotant to the online classroom learning platform.

I am learning that social networking can be an effective tool in an online classroom that will enhance student learning.

Be sure that you are using Social Media with your students in a productive way, Don't do it to look cool.

Social media can be effective if used in a way that can be assessed and monitored, and meets objectives.

since students are 99% on there phone /computers - better use it as a tool for them for learning purposes

Social media can be used effectively to engage online students in courses. 

I learned that social netwroking is a great way to engage students, especially when a teacher is not having success through the traditional means. It shows students we are willing to meet them where they are. It also humanizes all parties.

I've learned there are a significant number of considerations before implementing social networking into the online classroom.

I would love to incorporate some type of social media useage that would work with middle schoolers.  I've thought about blogs but am not sure where to start, any ideas?  Thanks

Social media can be a wonder teaching and learning tool. 

Using social media in the classroom has a number of benefits for both the instructor and the student.  The first is the interconnected relationships that are established outside of the members of the class through social media posts. It allows students to connect with people working in their future field of employment, along with other individuals making a difference in the world.  It is also an ideal way to get a greater understanding of what students are thinking.  It also encourages students to think about the class outside the online learning management system and any asynchronous coursework.  Of course there are downsides to social media and students need to be careful what they post and ensure it is not obscene, offensive, or inappropriate.

Making a Facebook or WhatsApp group is super helpful because everyone can be in touch in a not so stressful manner.

Liked the idea that social media is really an opportunity for students to share and critique their own work.  Would be great if some of the assignments or even discussions could seem more applicable and important to students - nothing more discouraging than the posts that begin "dear professor".  If students were sharing work through social media they might feel a more authentic connection to audience. 

Social media is an easy way for students to stay connected.

Its a great way to have students post health related blogss and survey the response.

I have a greater understanding of how to use social networking in an oneline teaching situation

I learned about the different social netsworking sites and how to apply them to my on line classroom.

Rubrics are very important when dealing with soical media and the expectations of that on students. 

Sign In to comment