Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

A rubric can be built so the student can do their own assessment and then the instructor has the opportunity to do an additional assessment. This allows the student to catch the mistakes they might otherwise not catch.

Formative assessment should happen throughout the lesson.  Meaningful feedback is important for learners.

I have always used embedded assesment this module clearly shows some of the short comings of this method. thank you

feedback is always encourageable formal or informal. Just like praising it opens an excellent line of communication.

Feedback is crucial to letting students know that they met your expectation. Rubrics are an essential tool to help students know what they need to have to get a good grade on an assignment.

I never considered exit tickets as a possible assessment tool prior to this module. I am trying to find a way to implement it in an upcoming course.

I learned of the value for creating rubrics.  The grading process becomes transparent, and the students are provided a valuable tool and opportunity for revising and editing to reach success.

Feedback validates the students effort as well as guiding learning and encouraging deeper thought.

In this module I reviwed the differences between formative and summative assements and how to monitor student progress. I also learned the different levels of assement which can help in the creation of assesments.

Formative assessments are a great tool to help guide a student to success on a summative assessment.

I thought the section on rubrics was very helpful.  It gives the student a clear goal for their learning.  The idea of students self-evaluating their work and peer evaluating using a rubric was a great way to have students get involved in feedback.  Getting timely feedback from online instructors is my biggest pet-peeve of taking an online course.

Assessment is the vehicle to improved learning and teaching.  Criteria of assessment should be clear and concise.  The  rubric gives us the tool to be specific and detailed in the expectation of a project or an assignment. It also shows the learner specifically where he succeded or came short of the objectives of the lesson.

I understand the importance of feedback. It is not something I am very good at. I will try to focus on providing more and more helpful feedback to my students.

Self-assessment may also be another area of focus. I may try to add more of this to my classes going forward.

I will utilize providing meaningful instruction and feedback using a rubric.

Knowledge on formative ve summative assessments, using rubrics and self or peer assessments.

rubrics are important for students to pregrade as well as to provide grading consistency. Using formative AND summative assessment is extremely important.

Rubrics can be very helpful... I like the self-assessment rubric idea... 

Seth Soronnadi

I have created/develop rubrics in the past just for grading but not to evaluate assignments/projects, or provide a way to assess the level to which the students achieved the objectives. I will save the info and revisit.

I really like the way that I do the Assesment of my students. It has always been more than just grading their work. It is a way that I can formulate new ideas into my class. To grade the content, as to wether it is too advanced for the module they are in, and to grade myself, as to wether or not I am conveying the information I need to get the progress required.

I understand the connection and importance of providing individual feedback in both formative and summative assignments. It's essential to remember how and what to assess. Use clear rubrics, explain them, and promote relationships that enhance the learning process.

Sign In to comment