Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Guilty! My feedback is often generic in nature.  I see the need for more detailed feedback and encouragement,. especially personalized through usgae of voice.

An instructor must provide feedback to the students to unsure learning was achieved 

Feedback is important because it gives students a opprotunity to self reflect and make necessary changes before submiting the assignment.

The most important piece of communication for a student is the feedback you give them during the course. Regardless of how the feedback is done the lack of feedback will diminish the students overall perception of the course and content.

Rubrics will help the students understand what they are expected to produce.  It also will help the teacher ensure that assignment are being graded consistently.  If there is a gap in the grading, I find that I am trying to remember how many points I gave each part of the assignment.  I think rubrics are going to be very important in my classes in the future. 

Most of this was a review for me since I already incorporate rubrics with self, peer, and instructor review scores.  I did discover that I should add a component for the rubric assessment and that is to ask the student based on the assessment, what changes did you do.

Providing feedback allows the student learner to determine areas of self-improvement. A rubric demystifies by making it easier and clearer for students to learn.

Submitted by:Marilyn Renfroe

Providing feedback allows the student learner to determine areas of self-improvement. A rubric demystifies by making it easier and clearer for students plan and acheive their desired results.

When feedback is connected to the learning objectives and meaningful feedback is provided to the students, learning is improved.  I need to give more meaningful feedback to my students.  

Meaningful feeback gives students information to increase knowledge. This feedback tied in with the assesment and rubruic creates a vehicle to improve both learning and teaching.

It is of great importance that feedback is given to the students with clarity and should be timely. Rubrics help the student know what is expected and what type of grade will be given for certain aspects of the assignment. Teachers need to have a clear understanding formative and summative assessements. Assements help to guide teaching and shows the teach what the students have learned.

I learned about the improtance of detailed rubrics in giving substantive feedback to students.  I especially like the idea of adding a self/peer assessment section to the rubric.  That section provides an excellent tool to increase interaction between and learning from each other by way of giving and responding to constructive criticism.

Feedback is very impotant for both students and instructors.

Rubrics allow the teacher to provide specific feedback without being to lenghty. It's great because that way the feedback can be given to the students in a timely manner.

Using rubric is a viable tool to assess learning outcomes.  Rubric is a tool used to save time when grading.

It is a very good idea to use rubrics when guiding the students towards the objective.

There should much consideration given to designing each rubric so that a clear grade can be given with a clear explanation.

When asking for specific feedback we can determine the level at which the student is understanding the lesson.

In the Teaching Online: A Student-Centered Approach module three I was exposed to much information that I already knew; however, it was a good review. For example, the importance of using rubrics, and how helpful peer review can be for both participants. Also, providing good, specific, detailed feedback to student results in a more productive learning environment.

feedback is a form of assesment

Feedback quality is immensely important. Students should receive quality feedback with a very quick turnaround. They should know that their work and responses are valued and read.

A balance between formative and summative assessment is important to have an effective online course.  Formative assessment is embedded in the instruction and is helpful in learning the material whereas summative assessments come towards the end and are designed to confirm understanding of course.

Sign In to comment