Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Understanding The six principals of media strategy can help rely the information effectively. 

This module shows me the importance of the selection of an appropriate design and development methodology for an efficient instructional design. 

Design and develop online courses with instructional design

I have gotten some ideas on how to improve one of my courses if not all of them. In some ways, it helps the students and provides several different types of learning for the different types of learners. It can reinforce what was taught in the classroom.

Great explanation on media strategy and instructional media design.

ISD, good information regarding things that I have already set in motion. 

Developing and evaluating content is easier said than done. There are many pieces that need to be considered in order to deliver an efficient class. Organization and reliable support are key elements for success.

Logically organized courses help students make sense of the expected requirements and outcomes; how one part builds on previous phases. Applying the principles of the ISD method has been shown to lead to success; applying ISD to your course helps with proper development. 

There is a lot to consider when designing courses. I like the aspect of group work so that students can work towards a common goal.

I especially enjoyed how this part of the course lays out a specific roadmap to course creation. The items that I found immediately pressing for me included the talking points for assignment creation and the admonishment to be detailed about student expectations. I often find myself creating assignments sometimes without a clear end goal in mind, now I recognize this so I can self-correct. Thank you this has been a great course.   

Learning about the syllabus structure was helpful. Also, learning about strategies to  prevent students isolation when taking online classes was useful. Frequent reflections and self-assessment opportunities are key. 

Learning about ISD was helpful.

I'm reading about microlectures - could be something there to trial related to video of 2-7 minutes at max. 

Using the different media strategies to engage students.  Now I need to learn where to find some of the tools to incorporate these into my courses.  

The importance of giving the students a purpose within the course so that they stay motivated and engaged.

Looking at the different strategies for student interaction,  I liked the idea of using concept maps in future online program design.

We must follow the phases of the instructional design of the course to be more accurate

There were several things to think about using in an online course.

From the basic principles of instructional systems designs and having 4 main phases such as analysis, design, development, evaluation, to  peer accountability was very informative. 

Designing interactive coursework that is engaging allows for the ability to evaluate and assess what students know.

Sign In to comment