Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Multi-sensory use in the classroom is something I look forward to using, it makes me think of me when i was in college. What was the best experiences i had. 

Many interesting concepts.

The appendix with the section about writing style was the most interesting in my opinion. It had a lot of valuable tips, and I'm always worried I ramble when I write or if I'm striking the right tone. It was helpful to approach it from a hollistic perspective and emphasize cohesion when writing. 

Encouraging peer feedback can be a very useful tool. With the use of an instructor-designed rubric, students can evaluate the work of others and have theirs evaluated as well. Then the students can make corrections that will be beneficial to their assignment. Both students learn and hopefully both students' work improves. 

This course was helpful in understanding where to start 

Very helpful 

The four steps are important to be sure good design and consitency are incorporated into course development.  

Since online learning is self directed, I believe an organized format that is easy for students to follow is critical to a student's success and to retaining students in an online learning environment.

Joyce Hladky

Never thought about the importance of artwork. Adding some color to the Modules will show students that there is more to this course than just text

Feedback is important for students, perhaps more so in an online course.  Getting feedback from peers on discussions, from the teacher on assignments and feedback through interactive slides such as those used in this course   All of this is needed under normal face-to-face class conditions, but this feedback is needed even more in the online universe to avoid feelings of isolation or operating in a void.

Strangely enough, one of the requests I get most often when discussing peer reviewed papers is that we make them anonymous. Granted, I do that anyway, but students tend to be self-conscious about who sees their name on the rating sheets. They would prefer anonymity. 

I learned how the Instructional Design Steps / phases play such a big part in forming a class collective, unity among the students and enable the class to stay engaged through multiple uses of media.  

I will most likely apply what I learned of the ISD during curriculum review and I plan on ensuring the media input is varied and relevant. 

This section shows the benefit of peer feedback, student evaluation, and the use of evaluation rubrics. These are useful to help students see how to improve their learning.

Kasey McCusker

I have learned of the importance for student interaction, both with their peers and the instructor.

Online learning courses must be designed in a to sdupport the many different potential studets that may take the course.

Written feedback and instruction should not be in long paragraphs. Other methods such as videos or verbal feedback may be helpful. 

Excellent information on media strategies and the ISD. I can apply it in my classes.

Use of different modalities enhances student learning for different types of learning styles

Using different graphics and varying assessment tools, engages the students and facilitates learning. 

multitude of media strategies that can be used for different learning styles

Sign In to comment