Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Helping the learner organize their thoughts by using clear defined instructions for each assignment or assessment is key to successful outcomes. Using rubrics is very helpful to help the learner navigate an assignment or assessment in an organized and constructive manner.

The phases of the ISD model can be also used to evaluate a current course and how if it is meeting the objectives and student learning outcomes planned.

The use of this model and the selection of appropiate design and development for an online course can determine its success.

The use of course content can be an huge part of the instructors ability to grab the students' attention. 

For me it´s very interesting the Peer feedback 

Course development is ever evolving and should be constantly reviewed after the initial development to make sure that the resources given continue to work and the course continues to meet both the objectives and the needs of the students.

Good reminders, especially how to encourage student peer and self evaluation

Effective media techniques for online course design include incorporating a variety of excellent, easily accessible formats—such as podcasts, interactive simulations, and videos—into the course material in a seamless manner. A strategic plan, content development, implementation, ongoing evaluation of the course's efficacy, and learner requirements analysis are all part of the crucial process known as Instructional Systems Design (ISD). These methods are essential for developing worthwhile educational experiences, particularly in cutting-edge industries like cryptocurrency and blockchain.

The emphasis on creating a structured yet flexible online learning environment is key. Organizing course material in a logical, building-block manner facilitates self-directed learning, making it easier for students to grasp the progression of the course. Additionally, the incorporation of diverse examples caters to different student backgrounds, enhancing understanding. The concept of fostering a learning community, even in an online setting, through peer accountability and collaborative activities like discussion groups and group projects, is particularly effective. It not only enriches the learning experience but also promotes engagement and a sense of belonging among students, crucial elements in successful online education.

I really appreciated learning a great deal about how all of the elements gather together, even testing. In regards to my own school I am thinking about just how I might be able to bring out the best in my students with standards tied to future and upcoming tests. 

Learning all about the ISD and the structure/setup of the system.

Audio, graphics, text, video, etc... are understood during the design and development phase. Feedback from implementation can be useful in order to change and develop new strategies for student learning.

What an interesting module. I loved being able to justify the quality of course elements, including images, videos, and how to improve student engagement and even the connection among students.

It would be best if you were organized online; so many tasks need to be done correctly to engage students, have them participate, and make them feel heard and important. Assessment is critical and there are multiple ways to teach, you need to use the best format for the lesson, not always just lecture. Use color and your imagination,

Online classes MUST include a wide variety of media.

Sign In to comment