I've learned that online courses should be set up in a manner which is easiest for students to navigate. If online courses are set up properly, students will not have to filter through information that is not useful to them.
So funny that when you teach live classes, you ask questions for student interaction and learning...I didn't realize there were so many specific kinds of questions that actually provide different ways of learning. I will do a better job in choosing my questions to increase student learning.
synchronous learning engages all student at the same time thefore more comunication at gthe ssame teme helps create more questions and helps students engage with thier clclassmates
content sequence is important to keep students on the correct course sequence
You can use a hybryd approch combonation of online and in class instruction
all participants can interact
Se hace hincapié en la importancia de un profesor organizado, que pueda crear materiales y realizar diversas actividades.
The most interesting part was the possibilites when it comes to having a guest speaker! Also the live conversations could help them learn how to work in groups.
The online learning techniques are mostly a translation of the face-to-face classroom interaction. It is refreshing to acknowlege the power of online learning and the beneficial impact on the student.
On line courses eboration needs sinchronic and asynchronic process. In adittion videos, guest speakers and qualitiative information in web links links.
Why have any classroom based instruction?
This module provided ideas for selecting supportive learning activities to increase knowledge, application, and learner-relevancy. It clarified that most interactions typical of an on ground class can be implemented online. I recently took an on-line course, myself. It included almost all of the components mentioned, readings available through hyperlinks, video content, and asynchronous discussion methods. A guest lecture would have added more interest to the course, however. I also think I would prefer the hybrid model of online teaching so I could complete modules at my own pace, but have more formal interactions with peers to discuss the topics for greater understanding.
Synchronous discusion vs asynchronous interaction. How a guest ecturere can make the course more productive?
Keep the class and students engaged by having a questioning technique and mindset, and learn to differentiate and apply synchronus and asynchronus conversations.
A well rounded lesson plan to help keep things exciting!
I've learned the value of having synchronous ans asynchronous discussions.
I appreciate the variety of different learning activities available.
In this module we discuss the different ways that information can be delivered to students in an online format. Having classes online gives instructors the opportunity to access more ways to increase the learning capacity of our students.
The take away for me was the flexibility of online teaching. Thinking outside the box is key. Having guest speakers is an awesome idea and for those that are not able to attend can view the archives.