Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have learned so many examples that could be utilized in my other courses as well as just medical terminology. 

I have used some visual notes before but I think I need to use it more often during things like the terminology.

There are several games that can engage students readily. 

i think visual note taking is not easy for all the students but the idea is great and I will use it more

I have learned about some fun and exciting learning activities that will help students learn and retain information. I plan to implement some of them.

The multiple styles give me confidence

I love the 9 box method. Learned this at a seminar a few years ago about CPR and look forward to putting back into use in the classroom. 

Visual note taking seems to be interesting; I will incorporate and promote this to my learning environment.

I like the idea of incorporating fun into learning medical terminology, as this can be difficult to remember when there are so many terms. I like to play Medical Terminology Family Feud, where I choose teams and one rep from each team faces off and must strike the buzzer first with the correct answer. The first team to reach 10 wins. 

There are a lot of good ideas to help to get the information across to all types of students. Medical terminology is one that is daunting at times to teach and is stressed throughout the medical assisting program that it is imperative they know their terms to succeed, is the one thing they will use throughout their medical careers. 

Comment on Kathleen O’Neil-Meyers's post: Comment on Kelly Penn's post: I too am looking forward to trying many of the different activities. Keeping class informative and fun is very important! 

Excited to try visual notetaking in class.

This are good technics to remember the information in a simple way.

Sign In to comment