Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Self awareness, to be mindful that our tone, posturte, eye contact, verbal speed, srticulation all offer or deny respect to the person we are communicating with. To understand that we have the power to encourage someone to feel like a million dollars or two cents...

Being positive and maintaining a positive attitude regardless of trying situation (EQ), in addition to showing interest in other

I believe that the most important soft skills for success are respect, integrity, and customer service.

I believe that having integrity, good communications skills, having empathy, and being a good example is very important in any workplace or classroom environment.

Desirae,
Positive attitudes will help you out in the long run.
Philip Campbell

I feel the most important skills in our workplace are life skills. The skills that we needed to be successful in our career that we are supposed to be teaching to our students. Their success with our help is a direct reflection of our soft skills. We are in the business of training technicians but without soft skills they won't be able to excel. Training a technician is easy, training soft skills are much more difficult.

I think the most important soft skills for success in any workplace would be remaining positive while making every effort to understand and respect others.Lets do envoke common sense in our ability to make appropriate judgments and practical decisions.

BRUCE,
Great, stay positive and your students will thank you for it.
Philip Campbell

I think that the ability to resolve conflict and a positive attitude are the most important soft skills to have. I have always beleived that there is a diplomatic solution to every situation, if you sit back and look at the situation for what it is, and decide whats most important for both parties to resolve the conflict. A positive attitude is required to be able to resolve conflict and is the basis for many other soft skills.

I also agree that the position of role model is the mose important and difficult soft skill that we can have. It is so diverse, and contains most of the other soft skills. As a role model I must have empathy, be able to control my emotions, have common sense and on and on. If I want my students to have these traits, I need to also exhibit them.

I attempt to be the role model, up beat and positive. In cocntrol of my emotions. It must work to some degree as I have students proudly telling me that they followed my example in one situation or another and how it worked out. Those are some of the most rewarding days.

Wow Philip, it's really hard for me to boil it down to a finite list of the most important. I would say that at the top of my list is the ability to work effectively with others, which then also entails good conflict resolution skills. At base, however, at least for me, is the development of high EQ as a "tool" or "method" for getting "better" at one's soft skills. The tools inherent in effective management of your own and others' emotions leads, in my experience, to the honing of our ability to work effectively together, and this is also really strongly connected to our ability to be aware and really present to our fellow instructors and students. Debra

I feel that some of the most important soft skills are Communication, working well with others,respect and dependability as well. If you don't have those soft skills in your work environment then you can't be a good role model for your students.

I believe the most important soft skills for successd in the workplace include the following
integrity, positive attitude, team player, dependability, good communication and emotional intelligence.

Communication, interpersonal, listening.... there are so many soft skills that are important

If I had to choose one skill as the most important it would be communication.
This is central to effectiveness and efficiency with all of the other skills

Debra,
I believe many people probably have as hard of a time trying to pick out one or two that are important. Everyone most likely agrees that all are important.
Philip Campbell

Amy,
Yes, very important. Keep in mind that communication is a two way street. As much as we try to communicate others need to want to receive it.
Philip Campbell

I think empathy is number 1. if you cannot put yourself in someone's shoes, you are less likely to believe in them and vice verse.

communication by far

I think Common sense is the most important one because it covrs all the other skills

I believe managing you positive attitude and emotions under control, and manage your stress in very important in work place.

Sign In to comment