Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I believe that being able to keep your personal life trials and tribulations separated from your classroom presents, in other words staying on point in the classroom when things may not be going well at home.

I feel that the attitude of the instructor makes all the difference in the classroom. If an instructor is positive and excited about the subject, the students will tap into that and this facilitates better learning. This also helps to have more students that are excited about the subject and an overall happier calss.

I believe the most important soft skill in any workplace is going to be adaptability. The ability to adapt to stress, workload, tasks, time constraints and even criticism is key. It is almost as if adaptability is in backbone of every other soft skill. This one I feel touches all of them in some shape or form.

I agree that a positive attitude is so important to the progress of a students development

Making an up beat positive enviroment is very important for our students learning outcomes.

I agree. Students learn better when the class is interesting and entertaining

Robert,
Stay focused, the students deserve it.
Philip Campbell

Lars,
Great attitudes in instructors, breed great attitudes in students.
Philip Campbell

Billie,
Yes, let's face it, we are on stage when we are in front of students. Let's always be on our "A" game.
Philip Campbell

I try to relate myself in some personal way with the students. I may use just the simple fact, that I too was once a student and I remember how hard school was at times for me. This seems to help everyone open up and feel more comfortable to talk to me about any problems they may come across.

I completely agree!. It is very important keeping students motivated but also gaining self confidence, as they learn with a feeling of obtaining something valuable as a person and as a professional, if we make them feel stupids they will reject not only us as teachers but the whole subject...

Working with co-workers, as a team player is important to achieve the companie’s vision.

I felt getting along with others was most important skill

I do not think there is one skill more important than the other. I believe they are all equally important although, depending on the job, certain soft skills might be required more that others. Example, a job where sensitive information is handled, the soft skill most required would probably be integrity. As an instructor, all ten soft skills mentioned are very important in particular moment. Let's take "positive attitude". If you walk into the classroom with a negative attitude, the student will immediately catch on to it and his/her attitude and that of the entire class could change making it monotonous and boring. "Integrity", if you do not show fairness in the treatment of each of the students in class, they will feel uncomfortable to the point that this unfairness could be reported therefore your effectiveness as an instructor in the workplace can be compromised.

Your thoughts?

Anna Marie,
If we all keep doing just that, success will come to all of us.
Philip Campbell

Michael,
Extremely important. Not everyone sees it that way, but more of us should.
Philip Campbell

I believe that having integrity, a positive attitude, and understanding others are very essential components for a successful working environment. It is with these three things that most people develop a genuine respect and support which in-turn generates strong TEAM work values.

positivity and the encouragement of people. It's nice when someone see's all of the creat qualities in you, that you don't often see in yourself...

Integrity, maintaining a positive attitude, trying to understand others and using common sense

The most important soft skills in the work place are integrity, common sense, dependability and understanding others. These are the main situations that you deal with and have control over each and everyday.

Sign In to comment