Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I agree also, but let's make sure we all practice what we communicate or preach/teach to our students.

Rose,
Having a good rapport with people helps in the workplace.
Philip Campbell

Niani,
Good point. We need to be role models and and then model that behavior that we want them to have.
Philip Campbell

I would say customer service and dependability along with a great attitude.

Tom,
All of those go hand in hand. Doing all three will help each of them become greater.
Philip Campbell

Understanding oneself and reading others and your impact on others either by observing behavior or receiving verbal feedback. How is your message being received? Are you aware of your impactfullness by word and deed on others with whom you work? Stopping and thinking first is so important, especially controlling one's own emotions in relation to others.

Sharon,
Stopping and thinking will resolves issues before they have a chance to happen.
Philip Campbell

I think communication and team work are the most important soft skills. Communication about what I need from my students is key to how easily the class flows with out any delays in a busy schedule. I also let them know to communicate with me what needs they may have. Team work is also key. Knowing how to work with other people, sharing ideas and being respectful to each other will take anyone far in a career.

Christopher,
These two combined are great examples. Thanks for sharing.
Philip Campbell

Being tuned into one's own emotions every day. It is important to leave problems outside of work and not bring them into the workplace. Adequate rest, nutrition and exercise are important as well. A well balanced life contributes to success all around. Emotions have an effect on one's health, so it is important for wellbeing to be in tuned with one's emotions and be able to control them, or mitigate the effects on oneself and others at work or home.

Sharon,
Students can read us better than we think they can. Better to leave everything outside.
Philip Campbell

Many instructors and students I work with will talk negatively about other instructors/students. I consider myself a good listener and often times people will confine in me. When someone comes up to me with a negative comment most of the time, I will listen to their concerns while also sharing that I prefer not to talk negativity about others especially my co-workers. Is there another way to approach this situation that will not only help my company but also stop the negativety that can sometimes spread.

the most important soft skills that everyone should have in a work enviroment is their common senses. Knowing what is right or wrong and when things we do is a good time.

All soft skills are important. We should always give attention to detail and be ready to resolve conflicts as they are presented.

Freddie,
Good points. Resolving conflict sis something that most people struggle with. Keep working on that with students.
Philip Campbell

I find it difficult to pick only one soft skill as the most important. However, a positive attitude goes hand in hand with all soft skills. Without a positive outlook it's difficult to harness other soft skills.

Jon,
Keep looking at the positive. Thanks.
Philip Campbell

I feel there are many but one of the most important is integrity.It's important for the students and the people you work with to be able to trust you even when their not around.

dependability because when you are dependable opportunities come your way and that is very good for you as well as your students,it speaks volume

The most important soft skill for being successful in any workplace I feel is the attention to detail. This quality in any employee will show his/her employer the pride in which they accomplish their assign task, and that they are truly dedicated to being an employee of that company. When your employee is forgetting the details to which make the consumer happy, you know the employee has lost interest in his/her job.

Sign In to comment