Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Serious health problems can occur if we do not use coping strategies for stress!

There's nothing new here to me about causes and remedies when it comes to stress and stress management. My problem is that I don't take the advice to relax and destress often enough. I can notice stress amplifying in my life but don't take the time to implement these supports. This is a good reminder for me. 

Being aware of the situation and seeking support from others (both professional-if needed or just talking to a friend or coworker); working out or going for a walk always helps too.  Using resources and keeping focused on the task at hand always helps too.

I like the idea of asking students to list 3 positive things that occurred during the day. 

Stress comes from all different parts of one's day - take the time to reflect, release and work on better health to manage stress 

I have learned that there are things you can do daily to reduce your stress, for example, a nature walk, and a pat yourself on the back, you can also help your students learn to relax their muscles before bedtime for a deeper sleep, breathing exercises to reduce stress and anxiety. Eat healthy balanced diet, etc. 

Sign In to comment