Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is very important to prioritize your time.

Time management, procrastination, immediacy, urgency, priorities, “to-do-lists,” can make anyone insecure. To someone that procrastinates time management of any kind is the equivalent of immediacy or urgency. People who are “on-fire” all the time have a sense of insecurity about them that can stem from any number of pent-up social abnormalities. My professional and vocational existence began long before email, text messaging and social media. Each of these forms of communication are immediate and can alter priorities with little or no notice. These never ending streams of data are generally distractions. That being considered, it is imperative that the priorities of instructors and teachers be aligned with students and how their day-to-day functionality and accomplishments are managed consistent with administrative efforts, so they are whole. After all, the priority here should be the student – period. Who is bringing in pizza for Scooter’s birthday tomorrow or what if textbooks need to be ordered for a class two weeks from now are subordinate to what is going on today. 

You are in control of your time, even when it can feel like students, coworkers, and/or administration are. 

I like the idea of making to-do lists and how to properly organize them for time management purposes.

Make a list of things you need/want to accomplish, by order of importance.  It will help you stay organized, complete the necessary tasks in a timely fashion and feel less stressed because you can easily see what you've accomplished and what needs to still be completed.

I learned that I should take a break if I'm tired & pick up with the task after I'm refreshed so I'm more efficient.

Sign In to comment