Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have to say that in the past I have put details in my syllabus but definitely dropped the ball on the late work part. This has opened my eyes to see that not giving them chance after chance, which is what my admin wants me to do ,it only hurts the future for these students. I will now make that change and hold them all accountable just like we are in our own work.

This module really opened my eyes to how handling late assignments connects to preparing students for the real world. It’s not just about taking points off — it’s about teaching responsibility and helping them understand that deadlines matter beyond the classroom. I also learned how important it is to clearly communicate expectations from the start so students know exactly what’s expected. Moving forward, I plan to give reminders before deadlines, stay consistent with my policies, and use late work situations as a way to talk about accountability and time management.

setting the stage for success! what I have learned from this is the importance of setting up the classroom in a way that your students will easily be able to achieve the goals you set for them. By creating a syllabus, you are setting a foundation for your students to better understand what you will be going over and what expectations you have from them in terms of deadlines and how you will be grading them. the syllabus will be a guideline for you and your students. Finding ways to implement teamwork will keep your students engaged and respect their classmate's knowledge on different discussions. There are many ways to make your class fun or engaging by implementing this into your classroom!

Ensure the syllabus has all the needed content. Review with the students on the first day of class to set clear expectations for the course, helping the students understand the structure, policies and grading criteria from the beginning. The syllabus establishes a foundation for communication, accountability, and a successful learning environment. 

Set expectations and review syllabus a the course start. 

Engaging with the class and keeping them active in their learning. 

Clear parameters on how students will be graded ae helpful in alleviating anxiety they may have about passing the course. 

Reviewing this course has reconnected the importance of a the syllabus and the overall detailed introduction to the course, ready-ness and engagement. Encouraging the student to buy into their training, creating value for the student

I plan to incorporate Ice breakers and discuss clear expectations for assignments and grading 

Making sure students know the policies of late assignments and thoroughly going over the syllabus while highlighting all the course materials. I also like the idea of "ice breakers" which I will work on implementing with new classes. 

I plan to do more ice breakers. I think putting them in groups and collaborating about an assignment will help them learn the material more.

Clear and concise communication regarding the syllabus, class policies, and setting expectations is crucial in student success.

Communication and clarity seem to be keys for a successful start to a class. Making sure the students know the expectations is vital.

Student management combined with classroom management becomes educational management and is key to motivating and encouraging students. It is vital for instructors to blend and balance being an SME (Subject Matter Expert) with being an IDE (Instructional Delivery Expert). 

I learned the importance of getting the class to work together by starting team or group activities

I learned the importance of having an icebreaker and incorporating teamwork into the class. 

I learned that cognitive, socially interactive, and psychomotor elements can help create an engaging course. 

I learned a simple group activity as an icebreaker will help students work together and settle in the course

Have the students engage in "ice breakers" that encourage teamwork.

I really appreciated the short videos of instructors sharing their methods for engagement with learners. I especially liked the idea of taking a few minutes after class to make notes about what did and did not work and adjusting accordingly the next time. I also like the idea of allowing students to feel that it is safe to share even if they have limited subject matter expertise.    

Sign In to comment