Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned so much and intend to apply several of the concepts in my class. I want to create a CNA Skills mastered Leaderboard & have the top 5 students who have mastered the most skills posted on the wall outside of my classroom. Also for my CNA class I want to implement some contests or races to help them practice and learn the skills. I am going to start a skills race where they are timed and two people will race to finish a skill. I also have an idea of another race for skills- they can race to gather the supplies needed for a random skill and the first one to gather the correct supplies wins. I am also going to start a class reader leaderboard. I have a class library and am going to come up with a points system (is AR still a thing?). I will post the top 3 leaders with their points (maybe on a letter board). I will also have an alumni reader board that will include the top 3 all time reader students and it will have their name and graduation year. Current students will then even be able to race against past students. I also want to start doing badges in my CNA class- Since they are preparing to take a certification exam I want to set up an area with practice tests and flash cards and study materials. They will get points for doing "extras" and will earn badges based on points earned. Those badges will be posted for all to see. I will also apply these concepts to my HOSA club- I plan to start a HOSA points system where students gain points for various activities they do within the club. With all of these new things I am excited to give more awards at awards day for achievers as well as immediate prizes like candy and preferred seating.

I learned that gaming can make learning fun.

I learned that gamification is when you apply principles that are found in games to course where appropriate to encourage students to do their best 

Comment on Chris Aguilar's post

Totally agree with you Chris Aguilar. there is no doubt that gamification is a great tool. I am planning to increase the use of the accompanying visual aids to make my students feel accomplished and enthusiastic about finishing the course requirements.

The connection to learning expectations and different ways to employ levels (with rationale) was valuable. 

I have used jeopardy for my in class reviews. It really works!

I learned a lot about how to incorporate gaming into my theory classes. I will begin by determining what material and content I can utilize as a gaming aspect. This was very helpful.

I've learned that more people than not actually play games and would be more receptive and appreciate the gaming aspects of the learning process. 

The information is useful and I am considering implementing some in my course

I have learned more about how the leaderboards, badges, and integrating mini quizzes can possibly enhance student motivation while giving me insight on their performance as far as time spent on tasks, content that was the easiest and most challenging, and formatting of the questions with immediate or delayed feedback. 

Love the posting board for top earners. 
also I want to try to integrate some type of completion meter in my course to keep student motivation higher

I have learned how to be flexible in case if there are some changes in conditions and goals 

Comment on Kasey Wade's post

The information and videos helped me to better understand the role and usefulness of gamification. I would like to see more information about how to do this in complex theory classes. 

Gamification is a way to engage and involve students to perform at the highest level. It can be set up so the student is working towards their best potential and may also be used to help promote teamwork and collaboration skills. 

Comment on Jennifer Adkins's post: Yes i have a lot of games for education but need more visual aids for better interaction with the students.

I've learned that a lot of thought processes go into incorporating the games in the classroom. You really have to be organized and think about each student individually to incorporate the games. You have to "KNOW" your students so you can add more of what they want and less of what they don't want, and don't deter from your final goal or not just learning but making it fun.

Learned a lot, ready to implement some of the tips that were suggested. 

Gamification in the classroom it is important, and it will help students and teachers to the job done.

This will be beneficial for the students to be more creative as long as you have concise and clear goals specific to your lessons.

Using gaming approach to teaching will generate greater student engagement with the learning process.

Sign In to comment