Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

When teaching EHR & MPM the student are on the computer majority or the time. I tell the students to play games on typing.com and the hightest score gets 5 points added to there test. Something so simple really motivates these students.

Gamification creates a motivational environment that will allow students to interact with each other and encourage learning.

I'm already implimenting some aspects of training. Will have to change some elements to include more. 

Gamification makes it enjoyable to learn for everyone. Sometimes I just make up my own games and reward with Pizza. 

Gamification is about transformig the classroom environment and regular activities into a game. It requires creativity, collaboation and play in order to promote learning.

I'm learning to add new elements to my class; increase class participation and motivation.

I discovered that I have been implementing gamification, just didn't see it that way.  I love that students participate and are always up for a challenge.

Gamification is a great idea to motivate the learners to achieve their goals in the classroom.

I think adding more gaming concepts will be good for my class. I know that they really enjoy the kahoots that we play in class. I also like the idea of the XP and leader boards. Gives them more motivation to reach the top!

I have learned that gamification and making use of experience points, progress indicators, leveling, and leader boards will help better engage my students.  By engaging the student, they will be more motivated, and have more enthusiasm to be in the classroom which will help with retantion and completion.  I entend to make use of progress indicators, and leader boards which should be easy to implement.

I think learning about this amd how to apply it to the classroom is great. Something unique to bring to the classroom.

We are limited to what we can do in the online enviroment, I would like to see more video interaction, I think a top 10 list would be great. Using any of these activities would be very beneifical for the sucess of our students. 

We have been implementing, some of the gamification activities already, so we will continue and add more of them.

I like timing students, seeing each other, pushes them to do better. I also like using hangman, and charades

What I have learned from this topic is not to neglect my gamer students, I did not know that this group opf poeple go thru so much skills set, especially if they do it well. I can certainly see how this conecpt,for example Guilds, placing a Team into smaller Teams, accomplish smaller rasks and build it into a bigger accoplishment that all feel a sense of ownership

Gamification is an excellent method of making things easier to learn in class. Using them has definately increased interest in courses and participation.

I have learned that in order to engage students we need to move towards the 21st century and embrace the changes of technology.

I use several techniques to interact with the class and spice the classroom up. There are many other concepts out there not just gamification and I think we would be niave not to incorporate those as well.  

Gamafication is an enhancement for a students academic journey in a way to build strategy, motivation, and goal setting.  Awards and acknowledgement motivates the students to push themselves to see the positive effect in will have at the end, which in turn they can apply the same skills during their career and see their reward by the empowerment given to them by their place of employment.

I already use the Gamification in my classroom. I play Jeoprdy, Kahoot, and Hangman. The student get really competative. 

Sign In to comment