Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I liked the idea of trying to mix every one together, and not have age be a factor in to younger students feeling they need to show off more so older students can look at them the same or with respect. Every one is there for the same obgective. 

I understand my role as an instructor. This course also explained how to stay neutral when students are upset.  This was helpful.  

I gained some interesting insights into adult student learning.

The prinicples of androgogic education are important to understand.  One of the many good points that were made is to understand your students and tailor your discussions about a topic to align to the experiential attributes of your class.

be alert and responsive to student needs-they are more afraid of social failure than academic failure

Knowing your students in the classroom, will give them better directions and quality learning atmospher. 

Each student is different in terms of age,ethnicity, social and economic background, therefore instructions and demonstrations must engage students to be able to apply their experiences while learning.

By knowing my students background I can better help them reach their goals

Students have differen backgrounds (culture, married, age, working, taking care of elderly, etc.) that affect their motvation to learn. 

There is a profound level of significance that educators should recognize when accounting their learners' prior knowledge and relevance into learning and teaching schemes.  It is relative that educators recall, specifically, points within John Dewey's Experiential Learning Theory to guide learners to realize their experiential worth.  Learners can likewise begin to understand how to amply aplly and build upon what they already know.

I think learning about each student their strengths and weaknesses is important to know as you can guide and facilitate their learning in that direction. Also, encouragement is key to their success and being available for them anytime they need help.

Learning about their characteristics can help understand their actions and as an instructor you can provide the guidence in the right direction.

This course emphasizes the importance of knowing wh your students are and what I can do as their intructor to support and encourage them to learn

I do this subconciously with my students.  It is very insightful to see it explained.

Listen to the student but don't be sucked in and don't let them take over the class with complaints. As to talk after class about their situiation. 

Looking at your students and find out what makes them the way they are. 

You need to see the classroom from the students perspective.

The more you understand about your students educational goal, past experiences and their reasons for engaging in the education will hepl you adapt your delivery to better suit their needs.

I think the most important course help  i learned was. School and you maybe  the only support student has to rely on. This really stood out for where I teach. A lot of the students will sleep in their cars and look for housing or babysitters. They still continue to come to school. I am sure after sleeping in a car all night they did not get a good nights rest. Really enforces to listen and point them to places that can help

i learn that each student is different in terms of age, background or disabilities that will require different ways to help a studnets. There is not one size fit all. Also remainding in a professional role. In the end the primary reason the students is present is to learn and complete a degree

Sign In to comment