Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Seeing through the eyes of the student; guide forward with each interaction; and be mindful of Maslow's hiearchy.

Each student is different so you must make a plan to help each individual suceed. this can be done by setting goals in and out of the clasroom.

I've learned, feedback from students are essential in creating a conducive learning environment. I would definitely consider in the future, some type of survey for all new students prior to entering my classroom.  

understanding the student's career goals helps to identify their expectations from the class material.  Success in school isn't solely viewed upon as making good grades.

student retention was well explain in this class

This course ED102 is amazing information that aligns the instructor focus to impart impartial knowledge to students.

Sharing of knowledge is irrespective of age, culture and ethnicity.

The students carry their frustrations that should not sway from the main course objectives and positive professional facilitation. As Instructor, it is best to facilitate teaching and education versus baby sitting with the baggage of frustrations.

In this course i have learned the importance of seeing the area in which the student will learn as they see it, knowing why they are in the program and why they want to be successful and what success looks like to them.  

The student retention methods include motivational enviroment in the educational hours ogf instruction. The instructor should know the student and the student's background to facilitate supportive resources, aids to empower self help. Inspire safe environment to ask questions, and assure the student understands, and knows how to use resources, The instructor should model the professional behavior. The students need to trust the instructors professionally, and progress in their career goals.

I've learned how the adult learner learns and the needs of them. 

This course focuses on the importance of understanding student interactions. As course instructors, we are responsible for assuring students understanding as well as assuring students successfully pass each course. In addition, it is equally important to promote student understanding to limit student retention. Instructors should be understanding of student needs inside and outside the class setting. 

First Seek to Understand Student Needs, with End Goal in mind to support career success.

Know the student learning needs and styles that may be diverse and engage with connecting to their individual study plans.

Listen to the challenges the students encompass in advancing towards their educational goals

Facilitate educational experience in multiple experiences, live experience - clinical practicums and align them with learning experience Thoeory instruction.

many things need to be considered when you meet the students in your class.  Consider their agewhich directly relates tobackground knowledge.  Student situations such as fear and anxiety affect learning out come.  Manslow has basic needs that need to be considered.

I learned how important is to identify our student needs to support their learning, and to motivate them in their learning because they want to succed!

I learned the importance of supporting your students in a way that will promote confidence and a wholesome learning environment. Its important to understand each student and their individual needs. There are students coming into the classroom with all different diversities and backgrounds. Its important to acknowledge those differences in a supporitve non bias way; while providing differentiated lesson and supportive materials and resources. Being a active and good listener is also a important assest to have.

It is important for the instructor to focus on both the intrinsic and extrinsic factors of the students that are having struggles with the class. 

You have to get to know the students a bit to know their ability to learn and what they need to learn comfortably without inhibitions .

This course was helpful to me, allowing me to understand the importance of putting students perspectives, needs, and culture diversity into priority. Sometimes we think that students come from the same type of learning environment, when in reality each individual is different. Students should be encouraged by giving them information related to their career goals to keep them on track and engaged. 

I learned as an instructor, considering Maslow's basic needs list is a factor when setting your students up for success

i have found that having a postive enviroment is importatnt to student retention and behavior.

Have the students set a realistic goal is the key to succeed

Sign In to comment