Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I liked the idea of looking at the extrinsic enviorment as if I was the student. I am going to pay more attention to the labs and classrooms I teach in. 

I've also learned the importance of seeing things from both perspectives as an indtructor as well as a student.

I learned that having intimate knowledge of a subject doesn't always translate into being a good teacher. one must be able to take into consideration the backgrounds, goals and possible limitiations of the students being taught. 

I thought that retention was going to be focused on a students retention of the information, instead this seems to be more focused on retaining students at the school. Still learning, just not what I thought the topic was going to be.

KNOW YOUR STUDENTS - not only by name; know what kind of support (internal and external) they need, what motivates them, and what their career goals are

I picked up how important non verbal ques are. Listening instead of verbally reacting.

Understanding the student's intrinsic and extrinsic needs is very helpful. This will better prepare me to plan labs and lectures. I want to make sure the students receive what they are expecting and what they enrolled in the course for.

Each student will have different levels of needs and understanding 

I will pay attention with the behavior of the student and address personality issues in a calm and constructive way to resolve issues thst may cause the learning environment to suffer. I will teach them to remain focus on why we are here. I will remid them of their strengths and encouraged them to always set your goals in life at a high level in order to achieve success. 

Information was helpful to differentiate from case to clase. Putting it more into perspective from a student view how they may see it vs I with experience. Example in a clinical lab settign what wil draw them more to see and DO vs just see and speak. Incorporate more visual then put in into play as we role model in a lab setting.

It is important to understand your student needs in order to help them to accomplish their goals. No matter what your age group is we all want to succeeed. Motivating your studenta and encouraging to stay focus on why we are here will help them to bring a positive perspective to the learning environment.

In this module, I gained a better understanding of how to engage and understand student frustrations and personal problems.

Realizing the external and internal factors of students behaviors can be extremely helpful in the classroom when working with a diverse age group. By assigning students of different ages to work together in small groups, there is an opportunity to develop an appreciation for what each student brings to the class and can contribute to the group effort.

Know the students background and how they can keep their interests in the class

Help them with any issues

Let them know the rewards of the career they chose

I learned it is important to see things from the student 's perspective and to discuss what the student's needs might be

It is important to understand the career goals of students

I have learned a couple of different things. The importance of discussion the needs of my students is first. learning more about my students and what they expect and who they are will help me to be a better instructor. 

Also, reading that we are not babysitters, we are facilitators was very eyeopening for me.

It is very helpful to understand the role playing as an instructor, not only teaching of konwledge and skills, also need to find out the needs from the students, and support the students

Sign In to comment