Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Maintaining safety will be very important part of this aspect of learning environment.

I didn't know about the breach of duty and the other 2 considerations for legal action.  I understand now how important it is to have a signature agreement to the rules of the lab, verbal reminders and perhaps write it on the board or include in the power point presentation prior to starting the activity a slide that reminds them of the safety recommendations for that lab.  

Safety is always important, but explaining safety measures to students is also important

Safety first and always.

Agreed that safety and use of PPE cant be missed even in courses that focus on other concepts

Most students have learned the safety rules in lectures, quizs, and hands on but not all follow safety rules as well as they should and we have to be on top of that. 

Safety is a huge part of my shop and every student has been taught about PPE. I constintly has to remind my stundents to wear their safety glasses. Be safe in the construction industry is a life or death situation everyday. All my students had the get their OSHA 10 prior to using and power tools.

Breach of Duty must not only be proven, but also the methods to teach safety to avoid a breach of duty.

Trining safety in the laboratory settings requires defining safety protocols and dilegence on the part of the instructor to insure standards are being followed.

Be sure to keep safety as the utmost importance.

Working in the type of laboratory setting as identified in this module is not familiar to me, but if I were instructing in that setting, I would apply all principles learned. 

The instructor must maintain responsibility for the actions of students and reinforce safety standards

Pay attention to the safety guidelines

Safety is the primary concern for many educators, students and family and should be taken very seriously. Continously reminding of rules and posting of safety rules in the lab environment are key.

Safety is so important. I need to do a better job recording what I have taught and have them take tests to prove they know the rules

This was harder for me. I think it will take some extra study to get it right.

I go over all of my safety on the first day of class and let them know what will haopen if. They are caught doing something wro in the lab

Good information. I have a hard time writing rubrics but this section really helped me see some ways I can help make them better. 

Safety is high on my list of improving this year. Documentation of what was signed and when. I think that will help my students feel safe and me feel I have covered my bases for the school. 

It is important to remember that all students do not learn in the same manner.

Sign In to comment