Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have and will continue to promote safety FIRST every day. This will embed it into the student's brain. If it is a reminder every day, they're less likely to injure themselves or others, however, accidents do happen. Having a class discussion about the safety policy will help them to retain it. 

Instructors should have good computer skills, be familiar with concepts of quality and statistics, have good organisational skills as well as have understanding about economics and have good team building skills.

Guidelines about safety rules, dress code , behaviour and attitude to be observed in Lab should be known. Occupational health and safety officer should be available to administer proper guidelines and do regular checks, to prevent work related injuries and accidents In addition to this the instructor should be well trained in how to manage or handle such a situation.

That we need to be vigilant about safety. 

Proper PPE is part of our course material when our students step foot into our shop for any hands on work. Its a constant battle with some of them to wear safety glasses and proper foot wear, however there is a reason for these things being a requirement and it isnt just because we are trying to be a jerk about all of it. 

Tell horror stories to your students about fatalities and near fatalities.

Our students havent built the immunity that us medical veterans have, its been super important to spray down all desks and equipment between classes. 

Rules should be posted and successfully modeled by teacher. 

As a math teacher I don't have to worry about safety as much, however I teach inside the labs students use for their other fields so I have to keep it in mind. 

Being safe is the most important part of being a nurse. I must be safe to help others and teach the students

Safety guidelines are to be adhered to.  It would be a good idea for the instructor to reinforce safety precautions often.

Safety is a priority. It important to test students on their ability to navigate safety issues so you can observe any breakdown and try to correct it.  We have to be sure to never compromise the safety of our pts. As an instructor, it is my responsibility to educate my students to understand this concept.

Safety is always the first priority. If you can't do it safely then don't do it. Lab accidents are a fast way to lose your program, job, everything.

One of the reasons I found certain safety regulations are ignored are because people are in a hurry to finish, or they are not paying appropriate attention to the precautions and/or instructions (usually because they are in a hurry to finish).

Safety in lab environments serves to both protect students in the learning environment and condition the students to practice safely once they have joined their respective careers.

Safety should be taught in some form everyday in a lab.

Strategies for teaching and safety guidelines are important when teaching our students.

Safety is number one always. I always emphasize safety especially when in labs. PPE must be worn to ensure safety

Some laboratories are designed for research in which students gain new knowledge not known in the student's field. Other laboratories are designed for instructional purposes; in such labs students can learn something that is already known. Labs fitting the latter description are common to competency-based programs.

Safety glasses and PPG (personal protective gear) are the most important. 

It was interesting to learn about the foundational baseline for workplace skill training.  I will certainly use this model when creating laboratory assignments.  Safety should be prioritized in the laboratory setting; I plan to use a safety and equipment sign off sheet to document this from now on!

Sign In to comment