Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I need to incorporate more rubrics. I think students respond well to them in general.

While assessment is vitally important, I feel it is difficult to develop appropriate assessments that accurately reflect true learing. Rubrics help but they must be constructed appropriately. They cannot be thrown together quickly but must be refletive of learning objectives and must be written simply and clearly. 

I am an advocate for different types of assessment when evaluating your student's learning. The rubric is a very helpful assessment tool for both the teacher and student.

I really like the inclusion of the types of competency-based assesments. They're realistic and applicable, and work well into the CTE environment. I'd like to incorporate more observed behavior and oral exams into my assesment methods.

The use of rubrics will be important assessment tools for adult students that I'll be teaching.

The use of rubrics will be important assessment tools for adult students that I'll be teaching.

I liked how they defined formative and summative assessments.  Formative is while the student is forming the knowledge.  Summative is at the end...what do they know now after all the learning/teaching?  Somehow I had it mixed up.  I thought summative was a summary of the class and formative was at the end..."formal"...anyway...

Rubrics are essential.

great stuff

Assessment is crucial for the progress of a student's learning

Rubrics encourage fair grading/assessments for all students.

psychomotor, cognitive, and affective learing levels should be achived during the course duration.

Student progress is essencial, by using rubrics and having them do multible tasks their skills improve and their grade.

I use a grading rubric to evaluate my students progress. It difinitely helps with the grading process and I haven't gotten questioned on why a specific grade was given.

Evaluation by a rubric allows the learner to maximize their potential. 

Determine best courses to take in assessing students. Rubrics are a great tool in providing very clear guidelines for students to follow 

Accomodating multiple learning styles may be challenging, yet rewarding when the application of knowledge is acheived. 

The rubric is definitely a great tool to help with defining expectation/grading of clinical learning

Consistency across faculty in the evaluation of students is essential.  We must seek out and utilize tools (i.e Rubrics, Blooms Taxonomy) to maintain consistencty

The rubric is a great tool to help evaluate students learning

I would love to hear from soeone who has a good rubric for Building Trades 1  

Sign In to comment