Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Flipped classrooms add some changes for sure.

I like the approach that there is not The flipped classroom, but A flipped classroom. For me, in particular, this is good to remember. It helps me remember that every instructor and every level of learning my adapt it in the way that works best for them, even if that is adding things slowly so that it is easier to assimilate for all the stakeholders.

There are many ways to make flipping classrom work for you. Opend discutions, debates, etc are just a few examples of how you can incorporate a great idea to the classroom.

There are many ways to flip the classroom and many tools available to utilize in terms of software and storage.  Developing the customized flipped classroom that best suits our own individual audience is imperative for the student centered learning engagement.  

So,to be honest, I thought that this course will be something boring but actually absolutley not :)  I found a lot of very interesting and helpful informations, tips and tricks. I like the idea that students can watch the pre recorded vidoes and educators ask them to take notes, when they come back to class educators can collect their notes and review the top 3 notes as they listed important. Initiate a discussion about these notes and even asking them, why they thought that those informations are crucial. So they can't just watch the videos and think, they are completed a lesson. I learned that a Flipped Classroom not going to replace the instructor but giving more flexibility to the students and the instructor as well and in a Flipped classroom is not all about technology and pre recorded lessons, is about a student centered  environment. 

students watch pre recoreded lectures and asked questions to assess their understanding.

instructors during In Class time can ask probing questions, assign groups to discuss content and Why it is the answers and the flexible blended learning enviornment becomes a great assett to allow for more Student centered learning while the instructor's professional skills can be offered to deepen what they learned online.

be patient with technology use it were needed doesnt take place of humans 

It is important to remember that the flipped classroom is not all about pre-recorded lectures, videos, and technology. It’s about learning. A properly designed flipped classroom doesn’t replace a teacher, but gives the instructor and his/her students more flexibility in a restructured learning environment.

The multiple technologies available for recording and flipping the classroom are designed to make it interesting and convenient. The student love having the opportunity to listen to the lectures over and over. I plan to develop more activities for class times. 

A flipped classroom is good for certain courses.

Wiith the internet there is a wide varity that can be used  for the videos and new information for the online learning.

I learned that there is not "the" flipped classroom, but "a" flipped classroom. The concept is an adaptable method.

Technology is an integral part of the flipped classroom; more of a crutch, to help garner the learning experience

This module was very imformative. It provided a great deal of information on how to structure and prepare a flipped classroom.

There are 4 components of the Flipped Classroom

Professional development

Intentionally provided content

Flexible blended learning environment

Reconstructed Learning Environment.

I also learned that technology needs a human touch for it to work effectively. Than even though there is endless selection of technology, teaching should not rely on that one component. 

The components to consider in an effective flipped classroom are a) enduring adequate professional development of all instructors involved , b) proper access to technology sources, (software and hardware) to deliver pre-recorded lessons, c) theoretical frameworks that lend themselves to the style of a flipped classroom d) it must work around the concept ot student-centered learning to have a face-to-face (F2F) component for the instructor to facilitate and ensure the correct concepts are learned by the student in a collaborative and engaging  environment.

Pre-recorded videos should be no more than 15 minutes to keep the student engaged. 

once again the flipped classroom can be so advantageous to any instructor it is just a matter of lining the course objectives with the online videos and making sure that the student comprehends the material before they can move on. I also see an opportunity to due some sort of case study project that is done remotely and thendiscussed in class to solidfy the learning out comes of each item.

Technology has a huge influence on the flipped classroom

Flipped classrooms are more engaging than traditional F2F instruction.

Sign In to comment