Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

As a little behind in the newer technologies, good to see the course list TechSmith and SMART Technologies as starting points.

Student centered methods is a great concept. It forces them to participate in lessons and allows their peers to assist them when needed. Students can collaborate to reach the destination. Students are sometimes reluctant to ask the Instructor if they are not following or missed something. they seem to be more comfortable asking their peers so focusing on getting the information to those listening can be beneficial to assist.

I really like that the flipped model allows for students to learn at their own pace - which is different for everybody - and that they get to be more involved with the material. 

Overall, I like the fundamental concepts of this model, but I do see barriers with varying technologies in each student's home and varying levels of accountability and responsibility within the students.

I learned techniques that can be used like SMART board and whiteboards to help implement objectives, rather than only focusing on prerecorded videos or lectures.

Promotes student-centered learning.

pre-recorded lectures need to be short and to the point... 15 minutes or less

no flipped classroom experience is the same... mix it up

Using many new tools and technologies allows this format of learning to be even more effective. 

I am fascinated by this concept and have some components already in place.  I am struggling to find the most interactive and engaging learning methods for the F2F. 

The flipped classroom will benefit those that require reviewing several times the material to fully comprehend. That option is now available.

Providing students with the experience of an expert throughout a class session is important for the processes and technical points that are critical to learning new techniques.

Sounds like the flipped classroom is the way to go. Many benefits to this.

Transitioning to a flipped classroom requires a lot of pre planning and research.

I found the example of linking pre-watched content assessment into classroom opening activity the most valuable. 

I found it interesting on how to incorporate a flipped classroom with the use of technology. Being able to incorporate strategies is beneficial in determining which concepts can be introduced and how exactly to utilize the flipped classroom method.

I do not think that provided information is enough for one to consider his/her self professionally developed to flip the classroom and expect better results.

Flipping the classroom is an interesting idea. I am going to look into it further. 

Flipping the classroom is not just about pre-recorded lectures.  Selecting the appropriate technologies is imperative and the ultimate goal of flipping the classroom is student centered learning.  Teachers must choose active learning assignments carefully to keep student engagement high and learning at the forefront.  Also, keeping connection between what was learning through pre-recorded information/lectures and in class activities is key to a successful flipped classroom.  It does take professionally developed instructors, content that is intentionally based on outcomes/cognition, flexibility and the ability to blend information, activities to accommodate a variety of learning styles in order to restructure the classroom.  

"It is important to remember that the flipped classroom is not all about pre-recorded lectures, videos, and technology. It's about learning. An adequately designed flipped classroom doesn't replace a teacher but gives teachers and their students more flexibility in a restructured learning environment." This statement stuck with me the most out of this module. I believe it is essential to understand the core of what a flipped classroom is about. We are still responsible for ensuring our students are participating and comprehending the information that is provided in our lectures. We can now help them navigate the application process. Which will help ensure complete understanding.

Sign In to comment