Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have learned a few new things, such as the Pygmalion theory.

There are multiple ways to construct a class. 

Assessing aspects of the course where students were lost or bored can be helpful to make revisions for enhanced learning in the future. 

Having high expectations for students allows them the environment to challenge themselves and try things they may not have felt comfortable doing before.

Comment on SETH SORONNADI's post: I agree that this is one of the ways to determine in the instructor is an effective educator. This could assist the instuctor on how to best improve their teaching techniques. 

Some really good information in this class, I hadn't heard of the Pygmalion Effect before but I can truly see how we as instructors can help or limit our students we must be careful to not allow first impressions to set our exspectations for our students.

Be prepared to change after the first couple classes evaluate what weeks and what does not

I leaned how sequence pertains to course objectives and what course evaluation should include.

I had not heard of the Pygmalion effect, but I am glad it is something I am already incorporating! I also enjoyed learning about the different ways to tap into memory. It will be extremely helpful to start thinking about in my lectures. 

To expect the most and the students will perform better.  Also Change things and improve as you go. 

The Pygmalion effect was totally new to me. I also like the thought of reviewing after each class to see how stratigies are working or not working for the learner. 

Asking students for feedback is essential for progression in the program.

I learned a lot about building retention, and the strategies I will use this to ensure students are retaining important information.

It was interesting to learn about backward chaining since this is a different approach to the usual process of working from the objectives to the goal. I'd be interested in trying this out to see how it works.

Students can rise to your expectations.

Monitor the success and failures of the class as you go along. At the end of the day, reflect on the events and actions that occurred.

Sign In to comment