Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

We need to treat and teach ALL students as if they are important we are ALL equal.

The pygmalion effect is the part that stood out to me the most.

I have obtained concepts that will allow for a more foundamental and smoother transition from class to class and course to course. Also, having a break to allow for open discussion. 

The students that can reflect on what they have learned in a course can recall that information and utilize it in their daily routines.

I plan to use backwards chaining to help students learn how to name ionic, covalent, acidic, and hydrated compounds.  I will present them with different compounds and their names, then ask them what they notice about the names and where on the periodic table the elements are located.  I am hoping this will work better to introduce the knowlege than just memorizing how to name.

I plan to reflect on daily activities to improve their learning experience.

Human brain has enormous retention capability, Just we need to put them in a organized way and utilize them. One important thing is concentration.

It is important to remember there is an order to follow when teaching.

Believe in your students and they in return will believe in themselves, don't believe in them and they won't either.

Backwards chaining sounds like an excellent approach for blueprints and engineering classes. An easier way of introducing a ton of key terms and ideas!

Doris Owens

There were a lot of new learner aspects that will help me as an instructor to create a successful class environment.

"It is not what she learns or does that determines whether she will become a Duchess, but how she is treated."

Being positive and believing that each student will become successful has to be a selling point that you deliver without exception. I think that we all can remember how empowering it is to have someone believe in you.  

reflect, reevaluating class activities.

I will start to incorporate more of the real world setting in the laboratory by allowing students to set up for the day, put away supplies as well as debriefing on how the lab went, such has how we can make it better. 

As a novice educator, my take away is learning from my student evaluations in order to critique lectures in the future to promote effective learning.  

Comment on Lynn Kendrick's post: Comment on Lynn Kendrick's post: A course evaluation should include the instructor's knowledge and delivery method, the content, and the applicability/benefit to the student.

The course evaluation has three components 

The instructor's knowledge delivery method

the component

Set appropriate expectations and monitor the pulse of the class. 

Comment on SETH SORONNADI's post

Like you mentioned, "knowledge and delivery method, the content, and the applicability/benefit to the student" was the most outstanding point to me.

Sign In to comment