Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned to keep all of my lesson plans throughout my career so I can reference them at a later date. The lesson plans give a ready source of information and ideas for the next time I teach the course. It helps to guide instruction and learning. 

Use a template for consistency and maintain records of lesson plans for future use or adjustment. 

Lesson plans are essential to running an efficient ans successful classroom. Having a structured plan helps to reduce anxiety in instructors and help give you a foundation to build on when teaching the same course again. 

Lesson plans should be detailed, include purpose and be reviewed so they stay relevent and can be used on the spot in case a substitute is needed

Lesson plan = Structure.  

Lesson plans are important to help keep the information being delivered structured, organized, and up to date.

Jim Stone,

Keeping copies of your lesson plans in folders and having several copies for a substitute or administrators is a good way of keeping your records and being able to look back over them and to add to them with new ideas.

This course has provided factual reinforcement of my teaching behaviors, of documenting and continued revision of class activities and lessonplans. I have been teaching for 10+ years and while I am no way an expert, I do rely on use of lesson plans to help keep me organized. I will take the plan of having printed out lesson plans into consideration, I think that there can be benefit to this. Thank you. 

Always be prepared and do not become complacenet. No matter how many times you've taught a course you could always forget part of the lesson plan. 

I like using our LMS because each module is clearly outlined for each student as what hands on procedures they will attempt in lab. Students are aware so that they can prepare themselves and if the instructor was ever absent the substitute whould know what to teach as well. 

Documenting your lesson plans saves time in the longrun, but should be done in a way that is easy to edit. Everytime you teach a lesson, you will find ways to improve it. Ideally, you are also collecting feedback from students on the learning experience. Over time, your lessons will evolve and improve. 

This module provides insight relevant to the importance of lesson plans. Lesson plans provide structure, direction and teaching concepts for the course. 

It is important to create lessons plans, especially in case of an emergency and someone else needs to cover. They will know what needs to be done.

staying current on your course content is so important for providing students with the latest and greatest techniques and information. Applying this new information through you coursework is imperitive!

Plan your work, then work your plan.  Having a solid lesson plan with good pacing will help with being an effective teacher.  Additionally, and especially with adult learners, giving them rationale as to why the lesson is relevant will help with motivation.

Lesson plans are important because they will help you sty on topic.

Keeping a lesson plan is important to help maintain the order in a classroom and help guide the learning process. They facilitate the learning by having the material planned out efficiently and can also serve as a precursor for future years when adjusting the material.

Always allocate the proper alloted time for lessons and allowing for the unexpected.

Lesson plan are a roadmap to stay on the path. 

Lesson plan are very benefical as thwy can be used as a measuring instrumnet  to see of the outcomes are being meant.  

Sign In to comment