Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I never put much thought into lesson plans and lesson plan templates. I also save everything on my laptop hard drive. This lesson was a wake up call to not only providing lesson plans but also to ensuring I have a solid plan for easy access and storage in the event of an emergency.

lesson plans and organization will keep you organized for future classes 

Lesson plans help instructors develop learning objectives and keep the focus of a particular activity moving towards a measurable student outcome. Lesson plans are a documented frame or structure of what will be shown (media, reference materials) ,how it will be shown,How much time will dedicated to the training,and how will student performance be measured. The outcomes must be measurable. Examples, students will disassemble an engine using hand tools provided.Students will identify all major components.Students will reassemble engine completly within the 4 hour period. These objectives are stated and have a metric ( measurable ) A lesson that states students work on engines , is not a measurable activity as stated. It needs development.

Lesson plan should be detailed. Stay organized.

I will start updating my lesson plans I also will start a digital copy of them, with the pandemic we shifted to an online learning module and it would have been nice to have access to my lesson plans at the start of it

Preparing and keeping proper documentation will help me as a teacher to be prepared in case of administrative audit and answer any question that I may have to answer. Wihtout having proper documentation I may be unprepared to answer any qurstion that I will be asked by my dean or/and administrator. This will also help me to resolve any potential issue i may run into with any student with appeal process with his/her final grade.

Reply to Kathleen Watts's post:Hi Kathleen, yes I agree with you with this on this subject about lesson plans and just to add to your nice thoughts, when preparing a lesson plan we must follow a standard which would be beneficial for all our students with clear understanding so that they can also be prepared to make sure that they meet the expected standard.

Create a brief rationale for lesson plans.  Include things that you may not remember always on the lesson plan; update it each time you teach as needed.  develop an objective prior to starting the lesson plan.  Keep it available in a binder so that the content can be delivered by others just in case of a need to have a substitute faculty.

Lesson Plans and templates are a vidial teaching tool

Lesson plans provide a framework or a structure to guide the instructor through the material to be delivered. It also contains the rationale, which provides the students with an explanation of why the course content is relevant to them.

I appreciated the emphasis on tying the career standards to the lesson plan in the rationale section.  What a great way to get buy-in from the students when you can show specifically how the lessons will help them understand the concepts they will need and use in their chosen career.  I also appreciate how the lesson plan is a great place to start to organize course content and be prepared to teach every day.

Have a physical copy of your lesson plans in the event of your absence (requiring a substitute teacher), technological issues, or for future interviews.

Lessons plans are important tools to guide and inform your instruction. It needs to be a living document and not just a hurdle to jump. 

Lesson plans will help navigate the instruction time within a class.  They provide a detailed outline of the content to be taught.  The more details you have in the lesson plan will better prepare you for the class.

Its very important to be organized as a teacher. Its good to keep your lesson plans in a binder of some sort, so that it can be referenced quickly for a substitute techer or maybe and evaluation

Lesson plans help keep the instructor on track.  It helps with time management and is a great resource in case one becomes distracted.  Lesson plans also aid substitute instructors that may need to fill in during an emergency or absense.

Be prepared with the material and stay organized. Retain material in a folder for future use or change of plans.

Prepare for the unexpected and keep lesson plans handy.

lesson plans guide you through each step 

I think lesson plans really help you with teaching the courses in an organized fashion.  I have just started doing this when we switched from in person learning to online and I found it to be helpful.  Also, keeping extra activities ready to use is helpful.  Some classes get through the material very quickly and I need to have additional activities for them.  I can also review the lessons plans if they are documented and make the necessary changes.  

Planning a lesson plan is very improtant and keeping the lesson plan saves time

Sign In to comment