Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Being prepared a day before makes things run smooth and no tension is building up with in yourself on the day of class. The students are aware when an instructor is not ready and trying to prepare to lecture or doing a project.

Organization, presentation and confidence are key to succeed.

Bring ready, prepared, and not giving a first bad impression. 

Being an instructor is not for everyone. Doing a self-assessment with a personality test can give you a better idea of your personality to determine if this job is for you. If you are not excited about the job, it might be a better idea to find a better position that does not affect the development of other members.

Rob

I like the idea of colored handouts, handing out observation sheets to students on field trips and providing more detail information to guest speakers on what you would like your students to get out of the presentation. 

That are different types of instructors. You teaching style may need to adapt depending on the class. Changing envieronment.

Be prepared. 

How you set up for the week will determine if your students would engage with the different activites and asisgnments that are done for the day and thru week

I agree with taking a pause during and after lecture, it will give you inside and will allow you to adjust if you need to. Make  class fun!! Student will enjoy the material and it will be a win win situation for you and the student. 

Course is very helpful in controlling a classroom.

I think getting to know your students lets them start trusting you. 

I learned that I need to focus not only on my personality but how other's perceive my personality in my teachings.

After reading these lessons, I find that I need to make some adjustments to become a more effective class manager.

Identity in teaching style

Observation of other instructors helps you recognize what "works" for students (Perspective)

I personally was able to obtain some small changes (color handouts) easier reference and identify if we are all on the "same page"

Love this idea

Planning and Preperation can be observed by student as Respect.

Being prepared and on time sets the tone for the class

I learned that you should be prepared for class before class. Having everything you need for the class ready for the students is very important.

Class preparation is going to be one of the keys to being a successful instructor.  Try to tap into my teaching style and work on my weaknesses white utilizing my strengths.

Yes we must have materials ready for class.

I like the idea of using different colored handouts to draw attention to the information and making it more interesting.

#1) plan , organize be prepared.

#2) refer to step #1

Setting the "tone' for the student experice is key. Being prepared, organied, ready and prepared for class is vital. Being on time and setting the example for students is also key. Most of us lead by example and positive examples promote positive student outcomes. 

Sign In to comment