Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Understanding Resilience | Origin: CS124

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Resilience Building Strategies for Career Support Professionals --> Understanding Resilience

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Resilience is building relationships to support students; for some it is easier than for others due to life experiences, overcoming challenges and general drive towards success.  It can be managed and supported through positive and negative experiences, coaching, encouraging and rewarding students through various means.

Resilience is the ability to take negative life experiences, apply motivation and be able to bounce back and move forward in your career.  Career Services' role is to apply and present positive opportunities and conversation to assist moving the student forward in the right direction.  This happens with understanding their situation and encouraging them to rebuild their resilience.

I learned that there are controllable and uncontrollable factors that play into how we respond to stress and therefore (ideally) build resilience. I wish I had this advice when I was in college and experiencing the pandemic as I applied for jobs/made plans!

By definition ("...to leap back") resilience is an obvious characteristic asset for a career support professional. This module was really good for me because I'd never looked at resilience from a prospective of "how to build" it (resilience), which was very interesting to me.   

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities