Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Good information

For both the financial aid team and representative team.

Times you can call a future student during the day

Is there a before and/or after time you can not call a future student? 

Information

The course provides great information for the representatives to know during interviews with future students.

All Employees

Should take this course to better assist the future student.

Practice and Evaluation

When learning about programs, services, career placement, and more, I find it very helpful to participate in mock interviews multiple times so I become comfortable talking about the school and the programs offered there. It is also important that someone more experienced, such as a supervisor, observes and evaluates my mock interview so I can get valuable feedback and make sure I am staying compliant. The more consistent these mock interviews become, the easier it will be to fix problems before they become a bad habit. 

Final Assessment Blog

All of the information presented throughout this course is necessary in order for me to operate in the most productive way. As an admissions representative it is my responsibility to network with other departments in order to be knowledgeable and confident when making phone calls, conducting interviews, and tours. As an admissions representative the learning is ongoing as policies, and procedures are always subject to change. I have a commitment to remain up to date with changes in the school's catalog.

Blog 2

As I progress through this course I am noticing the recurring theme of honesty and transparency on behalf of the agent. These are two characteristics I value and practice in my personal life. I will be consistent in practicing honesty and transparency when working with potential students.

Does Ohio have similiar guidelines to other states?

I have not had an opportinity to read all of the discussions, but was curious if anyone knows how closely related is the material or guidelines for Ohio to other states? Are there any other states that we mirror as far as particular guidelines?

Regulatory environment

I wonder how many "traditional" schools, such as Notre Dame, Cornell, Michigan State, or Ohio State are investigated for their enrollment practices.  Since these colleges participate in athletics, the students they enroll, are offered scholarships for school that often go uncompleted because the student has decided to go pro in their third year.  The endowment fund clearly pays for these students.  More regulation should be in place for these schools.

Training Class

This course is very helpful and informative. It has good information to links to print off and have as good resources in the future.

Training Class

This training class is benefical.  It reconfirms item learned in class

Know Your School, Know Your Regulations, Know Your Tuition

Staying informed about your school's programs, their features and benefits, program and graduation requirements. and what the tuition and fees cover is critical to not only your job performance, but also to the success of the student you are speaking to! Be sure to treat them with the same level of respect you would expect to recieve! You are helping them succeed in the future! 

Being Knowlegable of Your School

It is important to know about your school. To help prospective students and current students you must know what your school offers, or where you can lead them to find the information they need. Also knowing your faculty and staff so you can be up to date with new information that changes throughout the time of being an agent. As an agent it is important to properly explain the necessitites of what a propsective student or current student may need for a specific type of course/program.

informing the prospective students

Reading in this area brings to mind that Nursing is not really involved with meeting with the prospective students.  Instead we have admission people, maybe nursing should be more involved with this process.

Regulation enforcement

Does anyone have a recent example of someone breaking the regulation and what punishment was conveyed to them?

Resources.

Student's look to us to be their resources, they come to us for guidance as they embark upon their journey of renewed career development.  Let us be the lighthouse that sees them off with assurance, then let us be their ever faithful beacon as we guide them to the shores of future success.     

Know your Institution.

If we wish to barter in knowledge, then we as agents must be knowledgable ourselves.  

Transferring Credits

Transferring credits is an important subject that admissions support representatives should be able to handle because that can weigh a lot on the prospective student in regards to enrolling.

Tuition....

Tuition is so important in the minds of students. It is important they understand that they need to know how much it is going to cost them. But it is our job to let them know that yes it sounds like a lot of money but there are ways to help as long as you qualify.

What you say to students

What you say to students is very imperative. It can change their mind, plant the seed in their head about looking to enroll, or totally make them completely uninterested. So it is important to know how to convince the lead in a manner that they approve of.