Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Transferring Credits

Transferring credits is an important subject that admissions support representatives should be able to handle because that can weigh a lot on the prospective student in regards to enrolling.

Excellent point Armin. I also feel that sometimes a prosepctive student's decision on enrollment can be heavily influenced by the transferrability of credits. I believe that admissions support representatives should be provided with the necessary information to make that decision without having to contact the Director of Education. 

This is important to be upfront with students about. Just because institutions share accreditation, does not guarantee transferibility of credits. It is always up to the receiving institution.

In my experience as an admission rep, I have had many students think that the school they are currently attending decides if those credits will transfer to another school. When explaining this to students, it is important to make sure they know the school they are transferring to will decide if those credits will transfer. I always make sure students understand this and understand that I will not evaluate their credits, but someone such as the director of education or the registrar will. 

Sign In to comment