Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Financial Aid

It's great to review what can be discussed and when to refer to your FA. Being responsible for both enrollment and financial is too much for anything.

previously obtained

I had comleted this course with a previous school that is no longer active. I used my school email and now cannot access my previous coursework as that the forgot login sends to the old schools email. Basically is there a way to see if this needs retaking or if i'm still current without that?

Staying up to date

Is making a resource book helpful for the long term or short term because information can change regarding your institution?

Understanding Your Institution

Is admissions the same as selling or making a sell ?

Admissions

In Ohio, State rules regarding admissions vary from different schools depending on the size true or false?

Retaking test

Every year agents/admissions representatives need to renew their licenses.

Resource Book

Greetings, I understand this is an online training and there were several documents I was able to download and print to start a resource book. I was curious if this training had a manual that i could download together instead of individual forms/documents.

Accreditation

Is there a site that, sorry to say, dumbs down the terminology of the differences or states detailed examples or scenarios? This is a big topic in my book from a personal stand point, as well as, professional!

Non acceptable High Schools

It is nice that we have been given a list of unapproved High Schools. I find it helpful, but it is still important to do the High school research.

Being careful as an admissions Rep not to discuss Financial Aid.

I will always have one of our trained financial aid analysts talk to any potential student in depth concerning important financial aid matters.

Quoting specifc salaries after graduation

You should never give potential students quotes of salaries for any program after graduation. Sometimes people will look at the BLS.gov site.

Compliance

I feel that it is very important to never guarantee any potential student anything!

Resource notebook-keeping it updated

It is so vital that we keep our Resource notebooks up to date and accurate to best serve our students and do our job. My institution does a great job at communicating any updates and working as a team to do maintain accuracy. What does your institution do and do you find that it works well?

Placement rates

Is it ok to share graduation and placement rates as long as we do not discuss average salary? Can we direct students to a website that shows average salary ranges?

Financial Aid

Anyone have suggestions on how to refrain from giving too much information about FA? I came from campus and had alot more knowledge about FA than reps do here, Its a different demographic!

revisions

Where can I access rules and regulations if there are any revisions in the future?

Catalogs

If a catalog is published twice a year, does the published date change at each publication?

switching schools

If I already as certified at a previous employer why would I need to retake the course for my new school when I change jobs?

Title IV - Loans

We are a school in the middle of becoming approved for Title IV, is there any advice about the transition as far as everyone learning all the financial ins and outs?

Title IV

We are in the process of working on our Title IV for our Institution? Is there any advice for Schools first starting out to make the process easier for transition?