Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Laws and Regulations

I really appreciate that this course shows all of the laws and regulations related to being an admissions rep. The laws are not that complicated and seem rather straightforward and simple.

Remington College here.

It's good to know that laws have been put in place to protect the integrity of both prospective students, as well as the institutions they are considering.

dnc guidelines

Hello,

I enjoyed this informative class and wnat to be sure I am clear on the dnc guidelines...we can contact a person up to three months after they submit an inquiry, correct?  So do old leads in Campus View auto9matically go away or, if not, are we positioning ourselves for potential fines?

Thanks so much!

Janet Bretland

(937) 552-8804

Agent Permits

I think it is of great necessity that Admissions Representatives in the State of Ohio are require to renew their Agents permits every year.

Working with Foreign Students

Over the years I have found knowing something about the culture and customs of students from foreign ciountrys to be invaluable in relationship building. It makes them less nervous, makes them feel welcome and it makes them feel like they are important to you and the Institution you represent because you took out time to learn about their homeland. As a rule I stay away from controversial subjects. I don't discuss religeon or politics and I have found this approach to be an invaulable tool as it pertains to conecting with them and trust building.

Default Students

As an admissions rep, if you know a student is in defualt do you have them come in to visit the school and speak with financial aid?

Utilizing Admissions Support with Admission Reps

Hello all!

I currently work in an admissions support department which works alongside admission representatives to assist prospective and current students.

Admission representatives, my question is how can admission support better assist you in working with prospective students and do you have any recommendations on better practices/processes to help you better? 

Online Admissions

What are some good best practices that have been found in creating your working resource binder? 

How far have you gone with keeping up with new information/updates? (set schedule of checking site?, are there automatic notifications?) 

How close are you with co-workers in other departments? 

New Admissions Rep

For those of you who have been in the industry for awhile, what is the best advise you can give to someone just starting out in admissions? 

If your boss asks you to break compliance

If you are directed to mislead a prospective student by your supervisor should you report the supervisor? Your thoughts?

Agent Training Complete -- Next step?

I completed the online training and passed the final exam. 

What's my next step in getting everything finalized with the Ohio Board? 

What I learned

I do know that the resource book is such a great tool to have at your fingertips.  I also liked the ideas of having the organizational chart.

Whatever your role is in your school. It is important and should be shared by everyone.

Another great thing to have on a regular basis is weekly or bi weekly meeitings. IT keeps everyone in the loop, and you learn - good and bad from each other

Keeping in touch

I think its important to keep in contact with your graduates. It's cool to know "where are they now". It also makes them feel good about the reputation of the company. With that, they are more liketly to tell their friends about their experience with the school.

Academic Services

I previously worked for a educational services firm that sold pedagogical faculty training courses to academic institutions.  Should I have had a permit?  How does the State Board of Career Colleges and School view business-business selling relationships in Higher Education?

Getting new Leads

What is the best way to attract new leads for a Technical college? What are some strategies that have work and maybe some that were unsuccessful for you

Compliance Techniques

What are some ways that you ensure compliance as you walk students through an Enrollment Agreement?

Training and Staying up to date with policies

Training is vital when it comes to agents and recruiters. When school policies are updated or when the state mandates a new law, it is our responsibility to make sure that we are giving the prospective student the most accurate and up to date information.

Resource Notebook

I spent 20 years recruiting prospective drivers, mechanics, and dispatchers for a company. When hiring a new recruiter for our team the first thing they were given was our “resource notebook” I showed up here my first day with a binder filled with empty sheet covers. I was pleased to learn that it is a respected tool of the facility I am with now. I am finding that it is filling up fast and I keep it within arms reach.

Transfer credits

This is something i've run itno at every school i've experienced, whether as a student or employee. I can't stress enough how important knowing the rules it. the Notebook and keeping it up to date will be a great asset in this area.

Knowing your institution

I think the chart is a fantastic tool to better acquaint yourself with your new school. That is something i'm definitely going to incorporate into my work.