Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Rubric should be fair, clear and reliable for all students

ther are many resourses for find and building a rubic but you have to make sure that it is graded the same for many different types of student and that it is a fair scoring system.

I have learned of several sites that help generate rubrics for quick use.

Google can be a great resource in finding a rubric that meets your needs.   They need to be fair to all students and clear on wha the expectations are of the assignment.

I learned that Rubrics have many purposes and can be a positive for the student and help the student improve with their learning process. , the most important is that it should be learner centered.

A good rubric needs to measure the intended outcomes with the end result being fair, reliable and valid with 'fitting' the assignment criteria. The educator needs to evaluate their own rubrics as to the purpose of it and specific type to use that best correlates to the assignment.

I have learned that we have access to online pre-made rubrics.

I hope the rubic will help me access the hands on portion of my labs. It will help me access if they are retaining the material and be able to apply it in the clinical setting.

Good to know that there are other resources to use and to have as a sample. I feel I will need lots of help to get the perfect rubric!

I learned that a ruric should be fair to all students and that Google is one of the many places to start with creating a rubirc. 

There are resources and online resources to help you build your rubrics.

There are a plethora of resources readily available for whenever I am developing rubrics and lessons.

Rubics should be student centered and unbiased. Students should be able to understand the rubric.

The rubric should be continuously evaluated and adjusted as needed.

I have learned that there are different ways to build rubrics, and each course/assignment will have different needs to effectively measure students' abilities. I also learned that it's not only important what you say when constructing rubrics, but it's important how you craft your language and categories. 

There are many web resources to help create rubrics including some that may already be on your LMS system.

Rubric criteria must be built with consideration for learning outcomes. 

Utilize the resources available in the development of rubric. They must be reliable and valid. Use as a learning tool for the students.

A good Rubric will make grading easier and provide students with helpful feedback

Having clear specifications on the rubric and reduce the number of confused students because you can tell them exactly what happened and why their grade is what it is. 

Sign In to comment