Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

One of the most important things is to let students know that you are there to support them throughout the course and that you are committed to their success. 

It's important to start establishing a relationship with your students as soon as possible. By sharing information of each other, we begin to build a sense of trust which will make students comfortable to address concerns or needs.

I think having a discussion forum where everyone in the class shares a little about themselves as well as reasons and expectations for the course helps the instructor connect with the learners and further will help the class connect. This all makes the support system that much greater while comforting the students, letting them know they are not alone while taking the course. Great Topic!

Relationship building with your students/participants is key. It is also necessary to project authority to establish trust with students, and so that they feel more confident about being supported. To establish authority and to help students feel supported, it is good to introduce yourself and mention your credentials. Afterwards, encourage them to introduce themselves by writing a short bio, and respond to the bio to connect with students.

Projecting and maintaining your presence from a distance is important

Reply to Lisa Brown's post: It is imperative and effective way for an instructor to learn about the students and for the students to learn about each other by posting a short biography about them to shared with the rest of the class.

Asking for a bio and picture is a great way to meet your students.

Hi Instructor's presence in the class needs to be the driving force. He presents content as a subject matter expert and as a teacher who can convert complex knowledge into bite size pieces

Regards

Dr Ajmal

In this information I learned that in order to establish yourself as a credible instructor you should provide to your students a brief biography that showcases your accomplishments, credentials, education, professional development and even some personal information such as hobbies or intrests. It's also wise to ask your students about themselves and read their biography. This is a great way to establish connections. 

Reply to Gina Marshall's post:Establishing bonds is so important and can really show your students you have an active intrest in their lives and educational journies. 

Put your personality in your posts.  Let the students see your personality through your words.

Trust is a two way street and was not develop over time.  That's why, it is a must that being truthful about the educational objective is a must.

In this course, I learned the importance of getting to know my students and letting my students know about me. Even in an online learning environment, establishing relationships with each other is critical. 

I may need to better at engaging the students at a personal level and promote more of an interactive environment.

Introduce yourself with a warm welcome. Communicate with your students and encourage them to do so with each other. Sharing your experience and academic credentials will enhance the interactive relationships you create with students and student relationships with each other.

I learned that it is important to be honest with the students ( for ex I have not taught online) but that i am there to support and learn the online process along wth them, but also establish to respect and presence.

It is important to establish your presence, your authority, and relationship for effective learning. 

I have always been great at influencing, persuading, inspiring, energizing people mentally and emotionally. My students can definately contest to this. I am their cheerleader!

Respect is both a two-way street and an important aspect of any online instructor's presence. Displaying your ability to actively engage with students and present well though out material is critical to the success of the online courseroom.

I learned how it is important to always stay connected with the students through an effective virtual communication.

Sign In to comment