Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have learned that the syllabus is a written explanation of course procedures.  I need to help students understand syllabus.

It is important to write things down when you come accros and to have a check list.

and be early for your class.

Be early and prepared. Have a notepad near you at all times to jot down notes about what you need. 

Try to be as organized as possible and use a checklist.

This module helped emphasize the importance and detail involved in carefully planning for a course and the initial interactions with students.

Keep your syllabus as detailed as possible for students.  It is your contract with the student and with their signed agreement to it, you can go back and the information in the syllabus for any problems or issues that may arise.

Be early and prepare for labs and lectures well in advance so you can focus on delivering the teaching materials vs finding materials. 

Thorough planning and outlining, makes way for smooth teaching

Making a checklist can help me stay organized while in class

I like the idea of a checklist of topics to discuss. 

Always have a plan. Whats the point of a plane if you dont know how to fly it? Planning out the class ahead of time gives you a route to take. This displays orginazation which in turn promotes a positive learning environment. 

Come to class early to prepare for the day.

It's important to lead by example 

I appreciated the notion of objectives and lesson plans as presented in this module.  An alignment between the taught and tested curriculum is vital to student success, so having a clearly-outlined syllabus that addresses the goals and objectives of the course, coupled with learning activities that are both differentiated and have real-world application, sets our students up for success!

Audience, Behavior, Condition, and Degree. The ABCD model will help students gain a better learning experience. 

It's important to have a checklist and make sure the environment of the classroom is comfortable for students

Come prepared, come early. Display professionalism. Never try to prove that you are the smartest person in the room, there is alwasy someone smarter. Convince them that you love your subject and convince them that you love them. 

I have always believed in this answer the Knowledge Bit gave us regarding why an inviting learning environment is so important.

The learning environment sets the tone for how the students are going perceive you and the course you teach. A comfortable and inviting classroom/laboratory sets the tone for the students as they start the class.

This portion of the module discusses how to prepare your teaching by helping provide outlines in the form of objectives as well as goals for development and application of knowledge.

Students need to have a organized and structured environment in which they understand what is expected of them in a application manner. Thus, the students need to know the objectives, course content  and have realistic goals.  having a syllabus outlines what the class is about and which direction it is headed.Through case studies and examples students will be able to take theory and apply it to a situation. Goals are like road maps that help students understand which way to go. Checklist help teachers cover all parts of learning in a timely manner.

Sign In to comment