Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Developing the Relationship | Origin: CS106

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Becoming an Effective Job Developer --> Developing the Relationship

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I'm reminded to build trust. Make contact and form rapport as early as possible. 

I would like to apply the Incentives Program. I think it would be great if the alumni that send job leads could get incentives for assisting with job placement. I also think the job retention incentives is a great idea also.

I learned it is important to keep track of graduates progress after job place. I also learned having a relationship with the graduate and employer is important and I should continue to engage with them.

Building trust with students below and after job placement.  Form alumni placement organization that can help potential students with development, expectations and how to maintain.

Relationship with thte candidates just as importatn before placement and after palcement. Continue communication about the job to reaasure them that they are making a great choice and that they can complete the duties and responsibilities.

I learned that having a great relationship with your employers and students at an early stage is very beneficial. Builds trust!

I really like the suggestions for nurturing relationships with the employer.  I learned ideas on how to engage with employers.  I like the idea of once the candidate is hired to discuss the job duties so that they know what they are going into and creating a chechlist for this.

It is important to keep a good connection with emplyoers and continue to engage with them. With will help build trust and familiarity. 

This module stressed the importance in constantly engaging with both employers and prospective job candidates. Maintaining a professional relationship requires check-ins, valuable offers, and genuine communication.

I learned that trust is key to building strong relationships.

In this module, I understand that establishing and building relationships is very important as it is your calling card.  You must keep in contact with your current and previous employers as they can become a continuous request for job placement.  Create brand advocates. Listen to your employers.   Listen to their needs and to see where you fit in and how you can become most beneficial to them. 

Maintaining rapport and building new relationships with employers is crucial to the success of meeting the students and employer's needs. By utilizing an incentive program, employers are less likely to forget about the relationship you have built with them already. 

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities