Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Sounds Interesting

I think it is critical that we teach students how to dress for a job interview. I hear it all the time: you dress for success. Our kids don't understand that and we need to teach them.

Very helpful information to relay to students preparing for an interivew. Being self aware of how you present yourself in presentation and speech is inmportant. First impressions happen relatively quickly. You want to dress the part as well as be able to effectively present the part as well. 

I learned that preparing and practicing for the interview is very important.  Clothes need to be prepared ahead of time and washed and ironed.  Practicing with mock interviews is very important to practice your tone, body language and projections. It is also important to have a response to explain anything negative.  

I like the idea of generating questions to ask of the company. I feel this will give the students confidence going into the interview knowing this is a two way street!  I’m looking forward to all the resources as well! 

Researching a company is very important for the success of the student

Comment on Jacob Lazarov's post: I agree, the ideas for questions to ask the interviewer are very helpful.

I took a look at the Resources and they were excellent, downloaded them immediately. At least some of this interjects a little fun into all the information students are expected to take in on a subject they can be very unsure about.

It is important to conduct mock interviews. I conduct them with our students. This module gave me even more scenarios to consider.

I think it is so important to spend time in class on issues around body language.  It is such a huge part of how we communicate with each other, yet most of us never realize how much it can affect the communication and potential relationship with the other person (in this case, an employer). I know it can be uncomfortable for a teacher to address issues around body language, but if it can be done, it is so valuable for the student!

Interviewing is an important step in the employee selection process. If done effectively, the interview enables the employer to determine if an applicant's skills, experience, and personality meet the job's requirements.

One of the key lessons I have learned is the importance of preparation. Many students initially underestimated the amount of preparation required for a successful interview. Through the mock interviews, they realized the significance of researching the company, understanding the job description, and practicing common interview questions. Witnessing their growth in this area has reinforced the value of thorough preparation in securing a job offer.

The sample interview questions students should have prepared before an interview is helpful

I liked the creative ways to teach the importance of first impressions and that it take only 10-30 seconds for someone to form an opinon of you based on your appearance.  This type of face to face interaction seems to be very stressful for students and any strategies we can give them to overcome their anxiety will be so important for thier success. 

I learned that it is important for students to know there audience when preparing for a job interview.

I think the idea of a mock interview is a great tool to use especially when working with students who are nervous about public speaking.

I love all of the helpful tips for preparing for an interview and what to say expect during.  I will use this information in the future when coaching my students. 

I do like giving the student a chance to write the answers to the questions a head of time. Although it wouldn't happen like that on an interview, writing as opposed to speaking may bring out thoughts more clearly and then easier to practice verbally.

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities