Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

In response to this question it is important to know and stay updated with the knowledge transparent to the student for their success in the future because that will also bring success back to the institution.

I learned that having a resource notebook is essential in keeping up with the regulations and what is required of the Admissions Staff.

It is important to get started correctly from the beginning and develop your resource notebook. Then, you can maintain skills as you go along. You need to take time to learn about the various programs your institution offers. 

This is my first admissions position, so far this course has shown me many different definitions of aspects of working in admissions as well as different legal requirements for the position.

I have learned all the specific terminology needed/used during the Admissions processand and the importance of learning the Admissions Rules and Regulations in order to perform my Admissions role.

I have learn that it is important to know the rules and regulations about post secundary education. Maintaining a notebook will help with keeping me up to date and organized. Taking admissions is a responsiblity to my community.

Hello,

This module has helped reinforce that the guidelines and procedures followed by the institution are a part of a unified standard. This helps to ensure that the students experrience a quality education that starts with their initial contact as all departments are trained and will participate in continuing education.

I have learned the Terms for common matters/things we may run into, and also re-emphasized the importance of Polices and Procedures to follow in this department. While I have worked in Sales in the past, this clearly defined training is much more defined and helpful!

This module gives a succinct and effective overview of:

What admissions directors need to know: terminology, policies, procedures

How to organize resoures needed to effectively do the job of admissions

Why you need to check the FCIE for any updates in the last 7 years

have learned the importance of knowing our job title, understaning important terms, using our resources and the process in which we maintain our knowledge and training in admissions.  

I have been in admissions for 12 years, and it is always helpful for refreshers, current language used and updates.

Greetings to all and this is actually my first post as admissions also.  The ters and defintions is a great tool to have and point of reference for admission. 

Greetings colleagues by profession. I have read some of the comments posted in this forum, and I share the same criteria as their authors. It seems super essential to take into account all this knowledge and receive training periodically in order to be better every day in our profession. One of the aspects that I liked the most to consolidate was the Admissions Policies and Procedures. I think it is something that needs to be worked on every day and continually improved, both for newcomers who are starting out as counselors and for those with more experience. It is always a good habit to go back over what you have learned and carry out a self-assessment if you are really practicing the aspects discussed correctly.

That it is important to understand all definitions associated with the admissions process.  

I have learned that Florida statutes tell us that admission education requirements may change from year to year and that training may be updated from time to time.

As having previous admissions experience, I believe that this position will allow me to grow and learn more about the process. Each institution is different but going over this training is a big refresher. It will help me become stronger in the field. Looking forward to learning and grasping this information to my best. 

Hello everyone. As an Admission representative, I believe the enrollment agreement and admission policies play a big role in the admission process. Many students and faculty members don't realize it. 

As Admission Representative, I can say enrollment agreements and school policy play a role in the admission process. 

It is important to keep uptodate with the rules and statutes for Florida. Keeping an organized notebook helps you to have and update information that you receive on the statutes as well as the requirements and offerings of your institution. With this information you can provide students with clear and accurate information as needed.

I have learned about acreditation in the state of Florida as well as the importance of staying accredited. I have also learned about good practices for staying organized and topics for students.

Sign In to comment